Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres one for Mazda... stop including a cigarette lighter and ashtray in all your cars! Save a few bucks or put that money saved into a 12V power outlet in the cargo area and offer a smokers pkg as a DIO.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I need it:

Ashtray - to put coins in it
Lighter - to charge my cell phone

Unlike Honda that chages you $$$ for a cigarette socket, Mazda offers it standard.

And no I don't smoke.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dinu01 said:
I need it:

Ashtray - to put coins in it
Lighter - to charge my cell phone

Unlike Honda that chages you $$$ for a cigarette socket, Mazda offers it standard.

And no I don't smoke.
yes agreed on both, but the ashtray area could be bigger and not be made of the melt-proof plastic... and the lighter element doesn't need to be there, just the outlet with a cap on it like in the MZ6 centre console.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zaimon said:
A 120v outlet would be really convenient.
ya that would be cool to have... not a feature that has caught on yet with any other OEM other than Toyota/Lexus.

WRT to the smokers pkg, i was just reading the B-series order guide and Mazda did exactly as i suggested, they deleted the lighter and ashtray from standard equipment for 2004! Now move that deletion on down the rest of the line Mazda! :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
They should have put an outlet in the console or at least one in the trunk. I also put my change in the ashtray. No rattles either which I'm surprised.
and not be made of the melt-proof plastic...
It comes out, just put your hand in the ashtray, put pressure on the bottom and pull your hand out. It slides right out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
WRT to the smokers pkg, i was just reading the B-series order guide and Mazda did exactly as i suggested, they deleted the lighter and ashtray from standard equipment for 2004! Now move that deletion on down the rest of the line Mazda!
maybe where you come from... but the one i took delivery of last week still has it :p

as dinu01 says, i agree

you gotta have an ashtry and lighter... even if you dont smoke, coins for parking meters, tolls etc... lighter socket for charging mobiles etc...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ccall48 said:
WRT to the smokers pkg, i was just reading the B-series order guide and Mazda did exactly as i suggested, they deleted the lighter and ashtray from standard equipment for 2004! Now move that deletion on down the rest of the line Mazda!
maybe where you come from... but the one i took delivery of last week still has it :p

as dinu01 says, i agree

you gotta have an ashtry and lighter... even if you dont smoke, coins for parking meters, tolls etc... lighter socket for charging mobiles etc...
well yes the socket is for charging cell's... but the element piece is the part that can be deleted, not the whole socket...
and as for the smokers pkg in the B-series.. i'm talking about North America, not Australia where i assume you are from as your sig says you are waiting for an SP23 :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
yes, i'm aussie ;)

sp23 is a few weeks away... just got yet another letter from my dealer, explaining I will not be able to take delivery until april sometime... oh well, worth the wait!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 3 could definately use another cigarette lighter (power point) maybe right next to the other one! Having a radar detector and a cell phone to plug in means i have to get one of those 2 into 1 adaptors and it's always getting in the way when i shift. Jeez, my 01' Hyundai Sonata had a cigarette lighter and a 2nd power point in the console. Come on Mazda!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh, you meant cigarettes. How about a drinkers package also? Tap in the console, cup dispenser in the glovebox and a special bracket and cooler in the rear for the keg. Sorry, couldn't resist. :smokin:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Now thers an option Id like to see... hehehe :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I smoke, and I always have one or two during my commute, but I never flip the ashes inside the car. I know, flame me for littering, I deserve it.
I am quite satisfied with the ashtray and lighter. My TT didn't have either.

·
Registered
490 Posts
DO NOT PRESUME TO DELETE MY SMOKER'S PACKAGE! *puff* *puff* :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

First of all, they'll take about $25 off the price of the car. Second, the ashtray and lighter will become DIOs and cost a total of $50-$75 parts plus installation. Which means whoever decides to do this will be lynched by a bunch of smokers who are buying Mazda3s. ;)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Yeah I think Mazda should have put 2 "cig lighter" outlets in the car. I think that would be nice. My dad's 1998 Buick Regal has 2 of them, one where our's is, and another right where the front passenger's left leg is (right below the knee), on the right side of the center console or "stack". This would be cool on the 3 as well.

·
Registered
603 Posts
For those that want two lighters, it is very possible to do, you just have to be willing to drill into your 3 to be able to place the new adapter. To get power to it just feed off of the original cigarette adapter. Read the How To: Neon install thing in the interior mod section and it should give you some idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts