Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not exactly sure if this is the right away to post in but hell here it goes. my 3 is mu baby. i love her and yeah. well ive had her for just over a year. okay so im walking out of school and i see something blue hanging from my trunk. i think its blue tape on of my friends puts on it to be funny no, its a cable. i look at the passenger window its smashed in. they had ripped my sound system completely out of the trunk. what dumbasses. my radar detector was sitting in the windshield and they didn't take it. its worth more then my system is. it amazes me what people will do in the economy for a little money. go get a fucking job!!! seriously. ill have some pictures up later tonight. i have to go to the police station now.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
That happened to an older car of mine, right after I sold it. The guy I sold it to ( a friend of mine ) lived in "not such a nice part of town" to put it politically correct, and the system got ripped out of it too. He chased them down the street with a baseball bat when he heard something outside. Unfortunately, it was too late. Even though it wasn't my car anymore, it still felt like a piece of me was taken away with that.
Good luck with the police report/insurance. Hopefully it never happens again to you.

BTW -- I have done nothing audio/video wise in the 3 because of this.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn. yeah well i live in a good area. like nothing bad everrrrrrrr happens. the police get so bored when they pull people over for speeding they call for double back.up. but i have an idea of a few people who might have possibly done it so we will see how everything turns out after the weekend.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Yeah living in a quiet area may have its advantages in this case. If you have a hunch on who might have done it, maybe you can have the police investigate them.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have it narrowed to 3 people but I'm 90% sure who it was cause I see him walk past my car everyday and the thing that makes the whole matter worse is that the classes I have during the time period they did my classes look out into the parking lot and I can see my car pretty much at all times. But I'm going to go to the police station tomorrow and tell them who I think it could of been. Till then I'm stuck driving the trail blazer :'(

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
sorry to hear that, if you know who jacked it then i'd say screw the police. Follow them home and have a little fun.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if its the person im thinking of then it is for sure not the person or the family/group to mess with with./ but i just checked my myspace and i had 5 different messages from some guys that have a "honda group" at school. pretty much all preludes. but anyways. that all messaged me telling me they had their windows smashed in and shit stolen and were wondering if it happened to me to since i have one of the nicest cars in the school. so looks like the local police are going to be busy and the school is going to get many many many complaints from students and parents about how horrible their security is.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: smashed window/theft w/pictures now

UPDATE: okay so my dad and i looked through the insurance papers and it appears to both of us that insurance will cover all damage and stolen property. it says as long as it was part of the car. for example they wouldnt cover if my cell phone was stolen if it had been sitting on the seat. but since my sound system in my trunk was somewhat hold into the trunk by my own little mechanism to keep it from sliding and the wires its a throw up. my deductible is 100 dollars and we made our claim so i pray to god that when the adjuster calls me she/he will be telling me im 100% covered.

car will probably go into the shop by monday and hopefully have it back by wednesday. but thats just part of the work that needs done.

heres the pictures i took minutes after i found out what happened.

they were nice enough to close the trunk after they stole my shit. but in the long run they are the dumb asses cause they weren't smart enough to take my radar detector or gps which together was 300+ dollars more then my whole system. but once i get everything with the insurance taking care of when i have the tint on the window re.done i am having a security system put on. any suggestions. my dad is telling me to get one like the stock bmws have. something with motion detection.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Damn dude, sorry to hear/see that that happened to you. My old car was broken into three times and stolen (and recovered) once, I know how it feels. On a lighter note though, it's cool to see the effect of window tint film on a broken window. I always wondered about how big of a difference that would make. Looks like it made it shatter a lot safer than if there had been no window tint at all, looks like it held it together more. Cool stuff (and good to know). Good luck with the claim and everything.

Edit: You might also consider using the trunk lockout feature in the future, just as a bit of advice. That would've made it so they couldn't access your trunk, unless they picked the lock or something (if that's even possible).

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
....we have a trunk lock out feature :squint:...

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the picture i have there is after i ripped part of the class out myself. the whole was only big enough to fit an arm though. the cop said they probably had to beat the window pretty hard cause tint was holding the glass in place and wasn't budging even when i was removing the rest of the glass to safely drive it home.

fyi i had put the back seat down to see if they had ripped the cables out completely. my seats were up and locked. they broke into the car and popped the trunk from the latch which is located on the left side on the floor of the drivers seat. so actually there is no true way to "lock them out" of the trunk.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
thats what i thought. Well in my car they'd be screwed becuase my dam latch recently stopped working! :x

·
Registered
658 Posts
[quote author=Trevs M3 link=topic=134237.msg2887983#msg2887983 date=1232827523]
the picture i have there is after i ripped part of the class out myself. the whole was only big enough to fit an arm though. the cop said they probably had to beat the window pretty hard cause tint was holding the glass in place and wasn't budging even when i was removing the rest of the glass to safely drive it home.

fyi i had put the back seat down to see if they had ripped the cables out completely. my seats were up and locked. they broke into the car and popped the trunk from the latch which is located on the left side on the floor of the drivers seat. so actually there is no true way to "lock them out" of the trunk.

[/quote]

Actually there is. Check the owners manual. On the inside of the trunk lid, there's a little yellow (I think?) switch. If you flip it to the position that locks it, you can't pop the trunk with the latch next to the drivers seat. So if you lock the back seats from being folded down, and disable the trunk latch with that switch, the only way to open the trunk is with the key itself.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
im going out to my car right now

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Holy f--- s----....you fixed my trunk for me! :lol: God knows who or how it was disabled but i switched it and now my latch is working fine. EXCELLENT!! :klavergreg: :Hi5:

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
yea when i called the dealership where i had work done to my car i was like "i got a new one for you though" the guy was like what. I'm like my trunk latch stopped working, he started laughing and was like just bring it in i'll take care of it for you. But now 1 thing less for them to do :lol:. I'm still going there to get my clutch changed out.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i found out one good thing about all of these im getting some major scratches removed that someone managed to put in 2 of my doors that were there prior to this. i told the cops whoever broke in must have done it and insurance said they know know for sure they'd be covering that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=134237.msg2888010#msg2888010 date=1232828346]
Holy f--- s----....you fixed my trunk for me! :lol: God knows who or how it was disabled but i switched it and now my latch is working fine. EXCELLENT!! :klavergreg: :Hi5:
[/quote]

LOL.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts