Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small crack in the windshield from where a rock hit it. It is near down near the wipers so it isn't that noticeable but I was wondering if anyone knew if this was an easy fix and how much it generally costs to get fixed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
mine was transported from one dealer to another, when they cleared off the snow, there was a 6 inch crack from the base of the windshield going upwards at a 45º angle. The dealer said he would fix it for free (a $750 repar) :shock:

·
Registered
744 Posts
BeastieBen said:
mine was transported from one dealer to another, when they cleared off the snow, there was a 6 inch crack from the base of the windshield going upwards at a 45º angle. The dealer said he would fix it for free (a $750 repar) :shock:
$750 repair, you have got to be kidding me. That might be the dealer's price, but you can get a windshield replaced at certain places for less than $400. Some people keep their comprehensive on their insurance under $500 (around $250) because $500 is just more than the cost to replace a windshield so if they do need it replaced, they use their insurance and only have to pay $250 instead of full price for it. Fixing a windshield should cost no more than a couple hundred to be a good alternative to replacing it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What worries me, though, is that the rearview mirror and rain sensor assembly in the windshield might raise the price of replacing a M3 'shield.

I have a 6 inch crack in mine too, from a small rock. Passenger side. Sucks.

There are places that can do some sort of an injection or something to stop the crack from continuing to lengthen I believe.

J

·
Registered
272 Posts
What kind of insurance do you guys have? Whenever one of our cars gets a crack in the windshield, the insurance always covers the replacement.

·
Registered
744 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
What kind of insurance do you guys have? Whenever one of our cars gets a crack in the windshield, the insurance always covers the replacement.
Some insurance companies offer that even if you don't have a $0 deductible for comprehensive, but sadly with my driving record (2 speeding tickets and 2 not-at-fault accidents) Geico and Progressive are the only ones I can get under $1000 for 6 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts