Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a 2007 mazda 3 recently my engine threw a small evap leak i followed the forums on here and changed my purge valve and gas cap deleted the code and now its back with a small and large evap leak which is scary i want to get a smoke test but I really don't trust many automotive mechanic's around here I'm thinking its a bad fuel pump or like my evap canister or one of the hoses underneath are cracked any other ideas ?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Did you test the purge valve before you replaced it? Always, always do that. The test is super simple. Simply blow through it, see if it passes air. Now, hook it up 12V, and blow through it again. It should click, then do the opposite of what it was doing before. For example, if it passes air while unhooked from power, then it should be completely sealed after you apply voltage. If it tests good, you just saved yourself the cash on a new part.

You may also want to check your canister vent valve. It's located back by the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
One last thing, when it comes to parts like this, bite the bullet, buy OEM. I have yet to find an aftermarket company that makes sensors that work correctly.

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One last thing, when it comes to parts like this, bite the bullet, buy OEM. I have yet to find an aftermarket company that makes sensors that work correctly.
Yea I thought it was a oem part I saw a video on n YouTube saying that was the correct oem part and wasn’t after market but I think my purge valve was bad cause I did test it and it looked really old and I’m pretty sure it might of been stuck closed cause I couldn’t get air to blow threw properly unless I’m a moron and didn’t do it right but I think it could be my vapor canister

1 - 4 of 4 Posts