Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm thinking about getting my clock replaced before my warranty expires. It seems to run slow like described in the clock TSB. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I've unlocked my trip computer to get millage information (by holding down two of the radio buttons when starting the car). I've heard that the newer radios can't be unlocked this way. Will getting the clock fixed permanently re-lock my trip computer? The TSB suggests that only the LCD display, though someone on this board said they can fix it by flashing firmware. Would any of these two cause a problem? I'm don't know where the trip computer logic sits.

Thanks!

D.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
As part of the TSB, only the display gets replaced...the headunit stays the same. I believe the trip computer functionality actually resides in the car's ECU, or in the headunit itself...the display should be just that, a display. I had my display swapped under warranty, and my unlocked trip computer kept working.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Confirmed. Went in to the dealership for this service this morning with the same worries, diffident. Everything still worked after I got the car back. I didn't have to re-unlock or anything.
If they inspect the problem and tell you that they need to order the part, that's a good clue that it's a straightforward clock display replacement job, and that they probably won't be working on the firmware (which you had identified as a potential risk to the trip computer unlock).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.