Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 6 mos old she has been in the crib since day one. Problem is she never sleeps through the night. We decided on sleep training and tried a different method until we finally found one that may have worked. Start this at 3 mos old or suffer like I have. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=Shansen120 link=topic=189801.msg4003490#msg4003490 date=1303735703]
Ours is at 4months and she sleeps a maximum of 3 hours at a time, usually 2, and sometimes 1. What did you do?
[/quote]

Wow, that's bad. :) 7PM she is usually exhausted and will go to sleep w/ a bottle but she always woke up @ like 2am to be fed and changed again. Dr. said the night time bottle is not needed so I don't know if you are feeding her every time she wakes up. There's the cry it out method which didn't work. (Basically you let them cry it out and figure out how to put themselves back to sleep). What we are doing now is confusing but here it goes..and def. seems to be working.

At bed time give her the normal bottle but put her down before she falls asleep on you. Let her cry for 15 mins. After that go back in the room and hold her to calm her for 30 seconds to a min. Put her back down, wait 15 more mins. Same thing, calm her and put her back down. Then the third time is 25 mins. Go back and and continute @ 25 min. intervals. The times increase/decrease but this is what the Dr. suggested. After 3 nights her crying went down considerably and she was putting herself to sleep much faster. Last night she went down @ 7 PM, woke up @ 11PM. I changed her diaper, held her for 30 seconds and put her down. She was crying but back to sleep within 12 mins and slept until 7:30 this morning. You can see it getting better day by day. At night we give her a KOB (Knockout bottle). It's 6 oz. of formula and 4 scoops of rice cereal with a Y nipple. Basically she is chugging 6 oz of heavy duty formula and it knocks her on her ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts