Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of Skunk 2 lowering springs on December 17, 2006 and they finally got here yesterday!! :woohoo: and i have a set of vibrant headers in the mail!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
can't wait to get it all in... i'm doing the springs tomorrow, well actually its today now... i should go to bed

wish me luck (i might need it)

Edit: Installed my springs today and i LOVE them!!! here are some pics for any one who cares to look

New springs

Old springs

Rear spring installed

Final result

Very little wheel gap :D

These springs are amazing. there is a huge decrease in body roll during cornering and braking feels under control now. the best part is that the ride is still almost stock until i hit a corner!! :banana:

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
looks very nice! no wheel gap is good wheel gap.

take some more pics of your car, man. i'm liking the red contrast but in my opinion, the red wiper whatevers need to go. that pin stripe is really nice though. i did a double-take, looks clean!

i'd like to see a nice shot of your exhaust too.

but the springs are definitely hot.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man, yea i hate the wipers too. i actually just got back from auto zone to replace them with some bosch wiper blades (amazing wiper blades). i can take some more pics in a little while.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sounds awesome.

I don't know what springs to get, but I'm sure I can't go wrong.

Wipers must be distracting in the rain, I know it'd bother me.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, the wipers were a little distracting, but thats why i got new ones.

ebhcr- if ur looking at getting springs i would highly suggest these. i haven't seen any other springs in person to compare, but i am SO happy with these.

oh, here are some more pics for those who wanted them:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
im bout to trade my prokit for a set of these. just downsized to 17's so i want to drop it more now. whats the drop on them?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no problem

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=trbab032886 link=topic=67980.msg1173496#msg1173496 date=1170028905]
+ they are progressive unlike my stupid prokit.
[/quote]

Why don't you like the prokit? I'm curious because I'm planning on purchasing it in the spring.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=67980.msg1173738#msg1173738 date=1170037553]
[quote author=trbab032886 link=topic=67980.msg1173496#msg1173496 date=1170028905]
+ they are progressive unlike my stupid prokit.
[/quote]

Why don't you like the prokit? I'm curious because I'm planning on purchasing it in the spring.
[/quote]

meh, it was more a joke than anything. the prokit is great, probably the most prevolent on here. but its a linear design meaning that the spring rates are always the same no matter how hard you are pushing. back in the day when i originally bought springs, it was speculated that the prokit was progressive, and it says so on the box...well the times have changed, and its been 100% determined that they are linear, which is lame cuz almost all prokit application are progressive, except the mazda 3 and very few others. point is, i have gotten into auto-x, and would like a progressive rate spring so that when pushed to the limit, changes rate and reacts to the conditions, where as the prokit stays the same. i mean, neither the prokit nor the skunk2 springs have crazy high springs rates to begin with, but i think progressive would best suit my needs. i may be selling when you are ready to buy, i just need to bite the bullet and make the purchase. but i want to install koni yellows at the same time, so i have to have the money to afford both the yellows and the skunk2's.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
nice drop. those springs look great and the absence of the wheel gap gives the car a clean look.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts