Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have damaged my skid plate, and I was wanting to buy a new one, because I have it currently held up with zip-ties. I called my local Mazda dealership and asked how much it would cost me for a new one and they told me 200 plus.. What the f***??? Why does some plastic cost that much????

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
they charge that much because they can. :dunno: try mazmart or salvage yards?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
try jiffylubes. i hear they sometimes forget to put them back on, and i doubt they're cool enough to contact the customer to report their error. :lol:

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Duct-tape it back together, and superglue small nuts to the backside where the bolts got stripped out, and then use new matching bolts to secure it through those nuts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well currently have it zip-tied. I let my friend change my oil for me, and either he didn't secure the skid plate or a nut or bolt fell out causing the skid plate to drag. And all the friction from the road, wore down a piece of the skid plate..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two Hundred isn't really too bad, my last car was a '98 new beetle and its skid plates were utter trash they would need replacing almost everyyear and I never hit them on anything and it was $350. :screwy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts