Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, since i dont know how long ill be around these forums i thought i might as well give you this site to keep an eye on :wink:

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Mazda/default.cfm

Not sure if id buy from them, although i think id definitely enquire, but it could be used as a guide to judge other deals out there by (im sure better deals can be done, but it lets you know what you can expect), and as you will probably notice, it doesn’t list a discount yet.. give it a month or two and im sure they'll start listing one, so from the discounts so far, i think we would could expect to see $1200-1300 as their discount. (although i was wrong on the maxx, so i could be wrong on this too :cry:)

Just out of curiosity, to gauge the accuracy of the site (and whether its worth paying any attention to it at all), does anyone know what kind of deals are being done on MZ6's vrs those on the site? Can anyone confirm that this sites discounts are actually any good?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would think that most cars you should be able to haggle about $2K off if you are paying with cash, probably more if it is a more expensive car.

I assume that this site obviously takes x amount of orders for a car and that is the 'group buy' price arranged by a dealership.

I got around $1000 more when I haggled for my MZ6 (trade in price on my car was initially higher than I expected anyway) plus I got about $1000 worth of accessories thrown in.

I ain't the worlds greatest haggler either :) i'm sure I could have done better with a little more research in options etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's still hard to haggle on the 3 as the waiting list is so long. Dealers can afford not to cut prices. According to one, "Tell me why my boss should give you a discount when he could sell for full price to the next guy on the street who's willing to pay full price?"

·
Registered
252 Posts
You tell him he'll only get 1 sale instead of 2. ;)

You rub it in further by telling him his competing dealer will get the sale.

Regardless of how long the list is, every salesman wants another sale... with high demand they're not going to be as interested in haggling, but you can still play the dealers against one another to compete for YOUR business.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I sent an enquiry to discountnewcars.com.au and all that happened was a dealer contacted me, answered any questions I may have had (which wasnt many cause Id already done my research and was ready to buy) then told me to call him back if I was interested, and that now I had a point of contact at a dealer.

The no pressure thing Im sure is nice for some, but no offer of a price or possibilty of a deal other than list, no estimation over the phone of my trade, no appointment to come in and meet, no offer to set up a time to bring in my trade for valuation, and there was never a follow up call...

Seems to me dealers dont take this service seriously, or maybe just not for the 3 being such a new car?? He certainly didnt work very hard to get me off the phone and into the showroom where the real 'fun' starts....

I wouldnt recommend this service UNTIL they can post a genuine saving on their website. Only then does it become useful as a tool for those who cant/wont/dont like to haggle.

Until then, go in yourself, build a repore with a dealer, then haggle like hell and work yourself a great deal.

Just my advice, by the way! :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts