Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this alot and I understand the MODs have alot to do, but part of your job is to help inform new members. Instead of just closing a thread direct them to where they need to go or at least the section it's in, instead of just closing it. Maybe even put up a "How To" for search and refer them to that.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
That is something I always try to do. I never like leaving someone in the dark as to why their thread was locked and/or moved. :)

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
We've been asked to not leave redirects when moving threads from one section to another as it clutters sections. The exception would be sale threads.

The majority of members check their threads by clicking "new replies to your posts". If the thread is in a new section, it should be obvious that it was moved (if they even notice its in a new section).

What you do not see are the countless PM's we send to new members assisting and guiding them. So to me, its unfair to say we don't do our jobs by helping them navigate the forums.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=danielj link=topic=169253.msg3584538#msg3584538 date=1269528235]
We've been asked to not leave redirects when moving threads from one section to another as it clutters sections. The exception would be sale threads.

The majority of members check their threads by clicking "new replies to your posts". If the thread is in a new section, it should be obvious that it was moved (if they even notice its in a new section).

What you do not see are the countless PM's we send to new members assisting and guiding them. So to me, its unfair to say we don't do our jobs by helping them navigate the forums.
[/quote]
Sorry you took this personal. I didn;t mean you do not do your jobs. I'm simply suggesting when you CLOSE a thread link them to where they need to post or to the post that was already started on that particular topic.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Nope, not taken personally :)

Our admin suggested we not leave redirects. Example, a CAI thread in Powertrain gets moved to Modifications. Leaving a redirected shows a locked thread in the Powertrain section with a link to Modifications. This creates a ton of clutter in their original section.

The threads that are closed, are those that are sold sale threads, duplicate threads and those that have gotten out of hand. Those all have messaging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts