Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to remove and paint the silver trim around the air vents and speakers. Any idea how to remove them?

· Registered
8,662 Posts
I am wanting to remove and paint the silver trim around the air vents and speakers. Any idea how to remove them?
Remove the paint or remove the trim pieces? My thought would be mask and paint them. That's what I did to add a silver accent around my shifter (manual, see build thread for pics.)

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the paint or remove the trim pieces? My thought would be mask and paint them. That's what I did to add a silver accent around my shifter (manual, see build thread for pics.)

I cant just mask and paint the ones around the air vents lol. There must be a way to remove them, ive seen others that have been painted

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you pull out the vents first. Literally grab the vent and rip the shit out of it. Once it's out you can pull off the rings. The rings around the speakers will need to be masked off and painted.
You sure I just pull? I dont feel like breaking them lol

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Uh, I'd get a second opinion on that..... May be right on the money but just the same.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh, I'd get a second opinion on that..... May be right on the money but just the same.

So I tried carefully and they came right out. Just masked the silver part and now i'm painting!

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Glad it worked without damage. Painting them black, or something else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.