Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2004 Silver Mazda3 Sport Sedan with 34 miles on it, including my test drive (about 10 miles) on Dec 22. I love it. I am upgrading, in everything, from a 2001 Nissan Sentra SE.

The options I did not get on my Mazda3 were the leather (no heated seats, you gotta be kidding me), and the navigation (I heard sucked anyway). All of the options I did get are listed in my signature. I was going to get the MP3 player installed because the salesman said that it would be in addition to, not replace, the 6 Disc CD changer (filthy liar :x ). I have still not seen pictures of the MP3 player so I would definately like to find out for myself, but I have heard more people say it will replace the CD player rather than accompany it.

I would say the Mazda3 is the best car in its class. Get one if you are looking for a compact car with a lot of perks for a lot less than a Saab 9-3.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!! Would you happen to have any pics of your MZ3? I was set on titanium until I saw a silver at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and now I am not sure which color to get :( :)I will probably test drive in a couple of weeks, and buy in March. It would be nice to have both an MP3 and 6CD changer, but oh well. :(

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to put a couple things I don't like about the car, which is only 3:

1. When I am in my wider dress shoes (Size 12) my shoe can sometimes catch on the corner of the brake, making it hard to get to the gas. The space for your foot when pressing the gas is not enough for people with bigger feet, but it is workable.

2. The trunk doesn't open with the remote. I could not believe this. It is something that you don't know you had until it is gone. I had it on my last car and I miss it now.

3. The sun visors don't extend to cover the side windows correctly. What is this?!?! Charge me $2 more to put extendable sun visors on and I would have not noticed the difference in price.

Overall, great car, but I would have liked a little more detail to all of the little things and not just most of them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
you're really lucky you were able to get the xenons w/o the leather. and not have to special order it and wait awhile.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprisingly this is the only manual transmission Sport Sedan thay had in stock within 100 miles of where I live (about 6 or 7 dealerships). I got really lucky cause I really needed to replace my totaled Sentra. Not only did I replace it, I one uped it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
My wife's a car is an '01 Sentra GXE and yes I do miss the extendable sun visors. I got the hatch so I don't share in your lament of not having a remote openable trunk.

Great car, two thumbs up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The URL below points to some pics of my car. They are dark and the spots accross the screen is snow, but they look cool. Plus I got a couple pics of the dash at night.

http://photos.yahoo.com/joeddelco

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I really like the "rear angle with snow" pic. UUGGGHHH!! I keep seesawing on my preferred color- titanium or silver. Be sure to take more pics during the day :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello mnemonicj,

Nice car! I can't wait to see the MP3 player! Normally I would opt for aftermarket, but the dashborad design is very nice in the 3, and I want to see how the OEM MP3 player looks like.

By the way, think finding a Xenon/TPMS without the leather option is hard, try looking for one with Xenon/TPMS, ABS/Airbag, but without the sunroof/6 disc CD. Mazda says it's possible, but I have not been able to find one yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts