Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Mazda3. After a few problems when I first bought it used in 2005 (solved by a new ground) it has run beautifully ever since until this week. I had to drive 200 miles on superhighways Wednesday and again Thursday. I began to notice that when I got over about 50 or 55 mph the car started shuddering or vibrating when I accelerated. As long as I held the speed steady no problem, but at 60 mph, or 70 or even 80, it ran smoothly as long as I held my speed but as I would begin to increase speed, the vibration would increase rapidly. I almost canceled the trip but decided to use cruise control which eliminated the issue once I reached speed (unless I started to go up hill, in which case the vibration began again). It was very scary.

The car has about 40k miles on it.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Len

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
+1 on the motor mount. Might want to open the hood and inspect the right side top mount. If you run your finger across the rubber part and it feels like a water-filled balloon, then you're mount is probably fine. If you see fluid all around it, you'll need a new one. :lol:

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
yeah, check mounts as always,
this is only happening in 4th gear (if an atx)? only when accelerating sbove 50mph?
have you flushed/changed the transmission fluid?
just throwing it out there because lots of people report different issues being resolved by this alone.
i think you should have it looked at anyways...unless you diy and that fixes it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts