Mazda3 Forums banner

To get now or to wait

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to West Coast Mazda in Port Moody, and the dealer wouldn't give me one penny less than MSRP. He said that "Mazda3's are very popular", and that they're in "short demand". My question is, should i pay the MSRP or should i wait for a while?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As you can probably tell by my signature, i'd rather wait and get the pumped-up version of the 3: MazdaSpeed3!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you can wait I would say wait. Even if not for the mazdaspeed version, there are some minor details that mazda has to work on to improve the mazda3.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Why Westcoast Mazda won't do MSRP is beyond me :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check out Wolfe Mazda. If you are looking for 5 door HB, I think there are lots of stocks. If you are looking for the 4 door, you are pretty much out of luck. My friend was lucky enough to get his Tit Grey sedan GT last week. For price, the sales manager was willing to give a price slightly lower than MSRP. Since the sedan is in low supply, I believe dealers will be very unlikely lower the price too much for you. Maybe if you are going to get some options, just make sure you get the options at staff price. You might save quite a bit there. BTW, if you are interested in 5 door HB, check out that 5 door tit grey HB with custom leather @ Wolfe, it looks really nice.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yeah, Wolfe seems to be the place to go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
how much is everyone paying ... I got papers for paying 27,400 on the road for Sedan GT - Auto - GFX package ... does that sound good??

its about 1,200 lower then MSRP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Folks, I just bought a brand new Mazda 3 GS today!

I didn't have much time to buy a car since I just sold my RAV4 so today I went with the intent of buying a new 3. I got a couple of good solid quotes online and decided to just try a local dealer to feel them out with the quote.

The first dealer gave me a song and dance about not making any money on these and they were hot and so on... He did match the price however without any hesitation. No stock on the lot though, they would have to source one. While I was waiting for him to talk to the manager I got a call from another dealer not too far away who responded to an email I sent out the day before requesting solid quotes. He assured me he would make it worth my time. So I thought I would give him the benefit and I went to see him. The dealer I was at needed to locate a car but I was noncommittal and told them I needed to see 1 more dealer.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, I went to see Peter Pickering @ Mountain Mazda in Hamilton and I have to say it was the best car buying experience I have ever had!
Peter took me seriously, was extremely straight forward (my style), no gimicks, no song and dance. Just the way I like it. I made him an offer lower than the quote after knowing the costs and we signed the deal.

They are locating a car for me but even though the price we agreed on was little bit lower than the quote I had, the buying experience was so much better that I gave them my business.

Now in all fairness I agreed to not disclose the price I paid but let me assure you, you CAN get a REALLY good deal. I worked UP from invoice, not from MSRP down. If you can get a dealer to be straight with you then you'll have a much nicer time.

Kudos to Peter and his team (thanks Damon!) @ Mountain Mazda, I'd recommend them to anyone in Southern Ontario!!!

If you go there, make sure you tell them (I) Trevor sent you :)
Go there, they are MOVING cars, that might tell you something.

My kit:
Mazda 3 GS
Manual, Velocity red, A/C Power package.

P.S. Mazda has a wonderful warranty of 42 months/100,000K for $345. Since I drive a lot it's worth it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts