Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched around still with no good answers. i have a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller, is it worth installing? what would be my gains? can i up tho boost a little bit safely without blowing my motor? i figured if our max is 15.6 then 18 shouldnt kill the motor.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Don't touch the boost unless you have a way to tune. If you can't control the fuel, you can easily run lean and toss a rod.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i was wondering the same thing. I have couple of buddy's that run BC on evo's, and STI's, GTI's, etc... for some reason bc is not that popular with the ms3 crowd. ^ if that's a fact, i can see why. i was thinking about turbo xs one, with a switch in cabin. just do normal and switch when you need that extra power.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
a BC is good to control max boost when you have a tune, i was thinking of doing that to help control the spike etc. and make the car happier. but without a tune i would advise against it as well...

just get a tune, it will be easier

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:lol: sure it is, it's also $400 more.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
OP should sell his EBC for an AP or SB to control boost and get a tune at the same time.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
[quote author=sleserginekolog link=topic=137718.msg2970441#msg2970441 date=1236008428]
:lol: sure it is, it's also $400 more.

[/quote]

Have you ever seen the performance triangle?

Fast
Cheap
Reliable

You can only choose 2

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i choose fast and reliable ill wait till i can get a tune. i was thinking the same thing when it comes to that spike. i just put in my boost gauge and its shows i spike to 15 and hold at 10-11 is that average on our cars or should i be holding at 15?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
your gauge may be not calibrated, or your leaking boost. you should spike to 19-20 (3, 4, 5, 6, gears) and settle at 15-16, then it goes down after 5300rpm.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wouldnt doubt its the gauge, its a shitty sunpro gauge. i have a prosport on its way, so i will wait to see if its the gauge or im leaking. i sure hope im not leaking boost.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Defi

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how bout gauges that arent $200 lol, i have no problem with defis i just feel i can spend that money one something else ya know? if defi is the sure way to go then fuck it i guess im getting defis lol

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Since you have a Prosport on the way, might as well try that out. Mine has worked flawlessly for over a year and a half.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My ProSport is working fine, can't justify spending that much on a gauge either (Defi). Funny, mine goes straight to 15psi and holds, no spiking.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i bought mine used, off this dudes supercharged bimmer. paid $20, works great

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My sunpro seems to be exactly 5lbs off spikes around 15 holds around 10.I think the test will be with the prosport if its showing the same I wud assume its a boost leak (hope just the gauge)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts