Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,067 Posts
He's talking about laser jammers. Radar jammers are illegal to have in all states and it is a felony and 25,000 dollar fine if you get caught with one.

Laser jammers are legal in most states, only a select few have made them illegal.

· Registered
9,067 Posts
[quote author=Nightl3lade link=topic=70453.msg1232465#msg1232465 date=1172467436]
i just want to make sure you guys are talking about Jammers and not Detectors, right? last i remember Jammers were illegal in most states. am i wrong?
[/quote]

Laser jammers = legal in most states
radar jammers = illegal

Radar/Laser Detectors = legal in all states except VA and DC.

· Registered
9,067 Posts
[quote author=Nightl3lade link=topic=70453.msg1232505#msg1232505 date=1172467916]
now i need to ask, why would Radar Jammers be Illegal, and not Laser Jammers?
[/quote]

Radar jammers are controlled by the FCC. It is illegal to broadcast a radio signal which interferes with other radio signals aka, radar jammers interefere with police radar which is illegal because of an FCC law. Laser jammers emit light, and you can emit all the light you want unless the state law specifically says laser jammers are illegal. Lasers are controlled by the FDA and they have no laws against using lasers.

· Registered
9,067 Posts
[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=70453.msg1238113#msg1238113 date=1172638692]
There is no such thing as a working radar jammer, so the laws are stupid. That rocky mountain is all a waste of moey.
[/quote]

Yes there are working radar jammers, it's not very hard to jam radar...just very illegal.

· Registered
9,067 Posts
Jamming an individual radar gun on only that frequency might be a bit difficult, but a blanket jamming by completely flooding the frequencies that police radar use would be relatively easy and would definitely mess with their devices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.