Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering i dont want to do anything that would damage the car or hurt it. So I was thinking...should i just buy the whole lowering kit from eibach?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
if youre doing alot of city/crappy road driving, get the prokit. nothing is gonna hurt the car except careless driving.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
What exactly do you mean by the "whole" kit? The lowering springs and the camber kit? I'm a little confused because you were a little vague. We can give you better answers if you clarify for us. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=69078.msg1199028#msg1199028 date=1171115214]
What exactly do you mean by the "whole" kit? The lowering springs and the camber kit? I'm a little confused because you were a little vague. We can give you better answers if you clarify for us. Thanks!
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I think he means the fulll kit some places advertise. Springs, struts, camber, and sways. If that's your answer, and you only drive in the city, and want it LOW, then get the sportline kit. If you drive on some beaten paths, or bad roads but for the most part city, get the prokit in that "full" setup. You definately can't go wrong with that. Can't hurt the car either, with proper driving. By proper driving, we mean don't drive a lowered car full speed over speed bumps, or gun it down your big incline driveway. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i mean i want the best whats for my car. I dont wanna buy any cheap lowering kit for my car. I live in Missouri and here, the roads are bad..well some parts. i also drive on the highway alot. I just want it lowered like maybe an inch or so and have a nice smooth ride still.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
1st: dont listen to jdesclafani

2nd: get the eibach prokit, modest drop, yet comfortable and looks great

3rd: had my prokit for almost a year and still dont own camber links. i'm not blasting through tires either

4th: you dont NEED new struts. its recommended but not a necessity; im still on stock struts

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
i had the sprotlines for what a year maybe 2, and i used the stock shocks with no problems. keep in mind that the sportlines drop you about 2 inches

with something like the pro kit you will be fine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okay do you have any pics of your car. and when i put my stocks back on in the winter would the height of the car be good nough to ride with the stocks on?

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
With a drop like Eibach's prokit, you can probably run it through the winter and not really have too much trouble with it. I plan on dropping my car in the spring with the mazdaspeed kit, and I don't plan on taking it off in the wintertime months. That is way too much hassle!

The camber kit is optional. If you are running your stock rims 17's or 16's, you should be fine. Its when you jump up to 18" or larger rims that you would probably need the camber kit.

And like someone else mentioned, you don't need to upgrade your shocks or struts right away. Eventually you may need to, but Eibach's kit is made to use the factory shocks and struts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts