Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who makes a nice shorty antenna to replace the lightning rod on the roof.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
eBay looks like they got the cheapest and the biggest selection.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463904927&category=33639

It's 3.5". I like the additional length/size better than the 2.5", it seems to fit the antenna base better (aesthetically speaking). And I don't think the 6" antennas look right at all on the 3.

But it's all personal preference! Just go to eBay, type in 'mazda3 antenna' and you should see a nice assortment from which to choose.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts

I am getting an S-2000 antenna as well.....I am starting to wonder if it is just the car that makes it look so sexy though :shock:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Anyone got a pic of the antenna for the S2000/Element up close, how does it look with the taper of the base? I thought I saw a pic on these forums but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
it doesn't look quite right.. it's not flush with the antenna base of the 3.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I heard all the short antennas get worse receptions than the stock. Plus, is it really worth buying when someone can easily unscrew it? I have a friend that likes unscrewing antennas. He gave me a stock one from a Jetta in case the one on my GTI gets jacked. I said "No thanks, but thanks" and then I kept it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
budgy said:

I am getting an S-2000 antenna as well.....I am starting to wonder if it is just the car that makes it look so sexy though :shock:
This is off-topic, but that wing is so RICE! How could someone bring themselves to screw up their S2000 with that?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
The first thing I noticed was the "rice" wing, not the antenna or the overall nice car. Also off topic, I think the Mazda3 black taillights look better than the S2000 ones.

·
Registered
519 Posts
gtibri said:
I heard all the short antennas get worse receptions than the stock.
considering i don't listen to the radio when i drive (too many annoying ads) does this really matter?? ;) although i am a little bothered by how easy the antenna is to remove by any pranksters that come around...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My brother got his s2000 antenna jacked. He's using my spare Mz3 one now ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
LOL :lol:

sorry rpc180, no real offense meant! its just the thought that that s2000 antenna might have been jacked by the owner of a mazda3! :shock:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts