Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive a 09 hb, 5 speed.
When I am accelerating in 3rd gear, and if i slightly hold the knob (barely pushing it up or down, basically just holding it but not pushing it up or down on purpose)-hope that makes sense, i feel it shaking. it doesnt do it in any other gear, but only in 3rd. It shakes ONLY if i apply pressure up or down while it is in gear. is this normal? thanks in advance.

I really hope what i wrote made sense.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My car does this in first! Its done it since I got the car. But i dont even need to touch the shifter. It will just do it. Anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it like if u touch the knob but not move it AT ALL, its fine. but if you move it the slightest amount, it starts shaking right?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
no Mine is weird. It like only if I start accelerating a certain way. Like if Im slowly constantly accelerating in 1st it will shake. I dont have to touch it, and it still shakes even if i do touch it

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm. if its just shaking by itself i think its normal (not sure at all).
but mine is like
1. i have to be in 3rd gear
2. i have to be accelerating
3. i have to barely push it up or down (very little pressure upward or downward)
then it starts shaking.
anyone have any ideas why?
it only has 6k miles btw.

·
Registered
778 Posts
mines also shakes in 3rd. i just shift into 3rd and rest my hand on it the shifter and i can feel it shaking. i have driven with it for 12,000+ miles and it doesnt seem to be a problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
^ Mine is the same - 08 HB Sport with ~15,000 miles. I don't think it's a problem. My guess is that in this position the shifter is in the least amount of tension (you don't have to push it to either side), so it is easier for vibrations from the engine/transmission to be transmitted to the shifter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
[quote author=KTe24 link=topic=140373.msg3025815#msg3025815 date=1238381857]
mines also shakes in 3rd. i just shift into 3rd and rest my hand on it the shifter and i can feel it shaking. i have driven with it for 12,000+ miles and it doesnt seem to be a problem.
[/quote]

mine is exactly the same. i have 7k KM on my 08.5. i don't think its a problem.

·
Registered
358 Posts
mine does the same thing! thank god you brought this up bcus i thought it was just my car. i thought i picked out the messed up one lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts