Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ahhhhh my baby is leaking...i left a slight trail on my gfs street and we investigated, i touched it and it didnt smell like gasoline, was more like water. anyways, i looked under my car right now and saw that there is a leak, or some liquid dropping slowly but surely fromt he underside of my car, looks like directly underneath the cupholders and the center console area....or around there...anyone know what is down there that could be leaking? good thing i have a service appointment on tuesday, imma have them check it out...but in the mean time can anyone tell me what MIGHT be happening?!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Condensation from the A/C? If it looks like water and doesn't have a distinctive smell, that's what I'd go with. All the other fluids have a color or smell................water, of course, has neither.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im thinkigns its water, can the service guys do nething to stop this? or will it just leak

·
Registered
2 Posts
heat and a/c can cause condensation. You can try to put some white paper underneath the leak and catch a few drops to confirm the liquids color and consistency.

It could be gasoline, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, transmission fluid, motor oil, windshield washer fluid, or just plain old condensation runoff.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you're sure it's not petroleum based, your only real concern should be whether or not it's coolant. If it's enough that it's leaving a trail you'll likely see that the coolant level is low in the resevoir. Check that out, if it's ok, keep an eye on the level from now until you get it to the dealer, you're probably fine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
COLD causes condensation but AC (Air Conditioning) dehumidifies the air (takes the water out. thats why you turn your AC on when your windows fog up). So the car needs a way go get rid of the water it pulls out of your car air. So where does it go? on the ground.

If its water you have nothing to worry about

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies all =D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts