Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this on their car?
Its an anti theft marking system. They mark 50 diff parts of the car with the serial # which cant be removed and it makes the worthless to thieves since the parts arent re-sellable

I put it on mine and it lowered my insurance
it only cost me 199$

here's the site
www.sherlock.ca/en

PS:I think its only available to canadians

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
dinu01 said:
What % of your insurance was reduced?
You're pretty sure not to get your car stolen if you do this but it won't reduce further your insurance payments since the 3 comes with an immobilizer. Maybe if your insurance company has a deal and see this as a real bonus they could do something but other than that, it will only be for your piece of mind.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know what the % is yet

I'm with la capitale and they are 1 of the many companies that work with sherlock so its an extra security measure for them and they lowered my premium

Here are the companies that work together with sherlock
http://www.sherlock.ca/en/partenaire.html

·
Registered
481 Posts
50 different parts! wow!
part marking and glass etching has been big in quebec for years... car theft is highest of all provinces right?

i bought a glass etching kit for my jetta years ago... it just does every piece of glass, helps protect against resale but does little for parting out theft... mebbe this is another layer of protection i need for my jetta :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes quebec has the highest thefts in all of canada and the most thefts at airports than all of north america since were so close to the port.

this baby puts the cars serial # on 50 dif parts of the car including mags,engine,windows,etc... Its a very good investment. Check the site I posted for details

I would worry more about putting it on the mz3 than on the jetta
If both have it its even better. It also costs cheaper to have it put on a used vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts