Mazda3 Forums banner

Do you think shaved doors look good on a 3?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
ppl would definately think your car is high class (for those that arent into cars)
but idk... im not used to it.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
i saw one with just the rear doors shaved, and i've seen a p-shop version (rears only) that looked hawt.

all the doors is somewhat of a safety issue. makes it harder for people to get you out if your unconscious after an accident and the car is on fire of something whack like that. :?

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
^ wow i never thought of it that......but it does look nice

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=66720.msg1145156#msg1145156 date=1168562295]
i saw one with just the rear doors shaved, and i've seen a p-shop version (rears only) that looked hawt.
[/quote]

IMO, do both or none. It would mess with the symmetry.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
shaved suicide backs ftw

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i think it looks awesome but I would never do it for the reason being to much work.. i dont mean the body work just all the electrical going into it and if something goes wrong and all that....

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
There was a guy on here a while ago that did that on his 3. He ended up hating it because the batteries kept on dying and then he couldn't open his doors.

[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=66720.msg1145156#msg1145156 date=1168562295]
all the doors is somewhat of a safety issue. makes it harder for people to get you out if your unconscious after an accident and the car is on fire of something whack like that. :?
[/quote]

That's what window punches are for. ;)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=(Flexion) link=topic=66720.msg1146471#msg1146471 date=1168630290]
Forgive my ignorance, but how do you open the door if you remove the handle?
[/quote]

Remote & a solenoid to pop it, as I recall.

I once got to ride in the back seat of a car that had the inside door handles shaved. And a wire screen between the front and back seats. And guys in uniform. But that was another life. I work for the government now. :D

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=bzdel2441 link=topic=66720.msg1146369#msg1146369 date=1168626862]
i think it looks awesome but I would never do it for the reason being to much work.. i dont mean the body work just all the electrical going into it and if something goes wrong and all that....
[/quote]

wiring isn't hard at all. there is one wire and relay per door. the relays get plugged into the receiver which has 1 wire for the ground. there is 1 fuse per 2 doors which gets the power. simple, simple, simple.

ive installed kits on a focus, 62 caddy, and an rsx. i used the same autoloc door popper kits on all cars.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=66720.msg1146686#msg1146686 date=1168637835]
[quote author=bzdel2441 link=topic=66720.msg1146369#msg1146369 date=1168626862]
[/quote]

wiring isn't hard at all. there is one wire and relay per door. the relays get plugged into the receiver which has 1 wire for the ground. there is 1 fuse per 2 doors which gets the power. simple, simple, simple.

ive installed kits on a focus, 62 caddy, and an rsx. i used the same autoloc door popper kits on all cars.
[/quote]

i hate wiring, i am to much of a perfectionist for it.. I make it look like it came like that from the factory, I will spend say 10 hours wiring something that takes like 1 hour.. There is no such thing as a universal harness in my mind, if I get a universal harness I just cut off the plugs then route the wires the way I want them... I hate it, but its how I am :(

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
you can route the wires however you want them. you can put the receiver whereve you want it. because something is universal doesn't mean it's a bad thing. the only harness is what plugs into the receiver. when something is universal, the majority of the time you have to come up with most of the installation. that's the best part because i can do it how i want.

im very anal on installs as well. all my wires are hidden under the carpet and secured with connectors in shrink tubing or soldered. you can be anal and not take forever if you've done it enough times.

boardumb can attest to how much i was freaking out when we were installing his microtec ecu and there was a gargantuan amount of wires just laying on top of the engine bay. hahaha

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Lambo doors look retarded. Shaved doors are still awesome looking. :D
Think about it. Some guy slim jims your car, then grabs the handle.. oh..wait a second. heh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts