Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've not gotten it up on ramp to remove the splash guard and take a hard look, but last night on the freeway I plowed into something in the middle of the road. In the process, it busted out my fog lamp, nearly ripped off the splash guard under the car, and popped out my bumper.

The guard and the bumper are easy to fix, and will look like a 55,000 mile car. :D

The Fog lamp, however, I'm not even sure where to begin. Does anyone know if I can but just the black bracket that goes around the lamp (lamp works, glass/plastic housing not broken)? FYI - *most* of the black plastic is still attached to the light house, which is sitting behind the dented bumper right now.

Does anyone know where I can get the instructions so when I get in there I know what to fix?

This picture should show you more of what I'm after:

·
Registered
293 Posts
stealership =] sometimes foglights are all one peice with covers and all sometimes they are not just ask for a front bumper foglight cover and make sure to tell them ur car has fogs or they might send a blank cover: )

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same thing happened to my car. shit sucks ass, I was driving with one busted fog light for a few months (not on) then I got a new fog light assembly from the dealer. Like 200 plus for the whole thing. They do sell just the black housing, you just need to find the right part number for it. I just got the whole assembly and just swapped the fog light w/ the old fog light since it was still in good shape and already been used. so saving the new one for back up just in case something happens. well hope that helps you out. good luck to you. Oh by the way, how bad was the hit? I hit a freaking random tire that was just rolling on the freeway on the way to work, sucks ass hole real bad to have that happen. My bumper and hood are not lined up on the passenger side anymore... but you can't really tell unless you take a real good look at it. its bugging but i don't want to take it to a shop and get it even more fucked. so i'm just going to leave. I'll probably get a quote when i get my lip sprayed and installed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You can get just the black portion (with that silver ring attached) but it costs more than the entire assembly. I purchased the assembly for something like $185 and the dealer installed it in about an hour. I forgot to ask for the old light back, so I basically got robbed since it was mine, and worked, and they took it.

If I can find the part number I'll pass that along to make the process faster.

I was behind a tractor trailer when it kicked up some scrap metal from the highway on the way to the dealer for my first oil change! I was driving an '06 and this happened two weeks after I bought the car in October of '05, so parts were hard to come by and dealers didn't have experience with the '06 part #'s, and my VIN wasn't in their databases, etc.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the info. If you can find the part numbers, that would be great. Hopefully I can talk my way around getting that black/silver part for cheap -- considering all of my time in service could pay the salary for one of their mechanics.

Where I am torn -- I'm planning on getting a Mazda6 by summer, but I know that this will kill my ability to get all I can out of a trade. That's why I figure I have to fix it. Even worse, I've been driving with the plastic shield under the engine dragging, and it appears to be getting worse each day. I'd fix it myself, but I just had abdominal surgery three weeks ago, and I've not been able to crawl under the car (and all my friends suck).

I'm tempted to take it in for a rotation and play dumb, unless there is some serious damage I can't see, they should just need to put the little plastic clip retainers back in to hold it up. My dealer is usually good about throwing in little things if I'm paying for something else.

Do you guys have the install instructions for the fog bracket? I know that all/most of the black part that snapped is still attached to the light itself. I'm wondering if I can super glue it into place and call it a day since I won't have the car much longer. Then a first glance over might miss any damage.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i can try to see if i still have the part number at home..since i still have the box in my garage. but it'll probably be for the whole set..fog and light included. well i'll get try and get that posted tonight. the best of luck to you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
look like what i'm dealling with now. i'm so upset. :x my options were 1) swerve into car beside me or 2) hit the plastic paint bucket flying in front of me. :x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts