Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Hope I'm posting in the correct place here. I put the sharkfin antenna from visual garage on my car about 2 weeks ago and put a coat of Meguiar's NXT tech wax on it. It looked great. Today I was washing my car like I do every week and notice some black spots on my sharkfin. If you run your fingernail over the sharkfin you can feel the dark spots. I tried to rub them off with some quick detail spray with no luck. I could find these spot no where else on my 3 month old 07 car. Here are some pics.

Anybody have any idea what this could be? I polish and wax my own cars, but I'm not sure what this is, which IMO is the first step to repairing any paint problem.

I emailed visual garage, but want to see what you guys think so they don't give me some BS answer.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Do the spots feel like they're raised (like something stuck onto the paint), or do they feel like chips in the paint? Some of the sharkfins have had imperfect paint jobs (a few from the last GB did, including mine), and if they're chips, I'd talk to Visual Garage about it. If it feels like raised bumps, try using some clay or bug & tar remover on them. I occasionally get these little black spots on my car (I think it's from either a tree near where I park, or from the carwash), and it just takes a little bug & tar remover to get rid of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah think they are holes. You made a good point though. It's dark now but I'll try claying it tomorrow. If that doesn't take care of it it pretty much has to be missing paint.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

I emailed Visual Garage these pictures and asked them what they thought it was. The had no idea, but just said they would send me out a new one in 2 weeks. Super good service if you ask me! They did ask I send the old one back after I get the new one so they could see if they could figure out the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts