Mazda3 Forums banner

Which type of antenna do you think looks better?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering what everyone thinks on the 2 different looks. At first I wanted to get the shark fin antenna but after I looked at the stubbies they don't look so bad. What would look better on a silver sedan?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
for a sedan imo it depends on your other mods...sharkfin is a nice compliment to a drop,side skirts,tints,etc
if you are mostly stock I would lean toward a stubby

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you have extra coin, but the shark fin. If not get the stubby from a RDX, thats what I have and it is great looking compared to the stock whip.

·
Registered
259 Posts
yeah i thought about gettin a shark fin antenna too... but theyre like $70!!!!

compared to a stubby one which is like around $5. so yeah sharkfins look so much more pro but it seems like alot of money for just a small piece of plastic...

anyone know where i can get a good stubby one? or are there any shark fins that are cheaper but still good quality??

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
sharkfin cus it lets you hide your satellite antenna underneath and looks sweeeeet

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sedans = Shark Fin
Hatches = Stubby

imo, of course.

edit:
lol wow, thats like the same post as you, brian.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I had a shark fin on my hatch for maybe 1 month and liked it for the first 3 weeks until my "new goggles" wore off and I realized how crappy a shark fin looks on a hatch, lol. Stubby antenna FTW :)

Sedans still look good with shark fins though...just not hatches.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I already gave my opinion but the Hatch has the smooth flowing curve and lines so the Sharkfin compliments my car perfectly, besides I dont want a 3 inch nipple sticking off the top of my car. The Hatch is like a sexy lady,she should be smooth at all times.

Stubbies are for Men without Erectile Disfuction LOL!!! :p

Seriously, there is no winner here, it is whatever you like.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Its just an antenna. Personally I almost never listen to the radio. But the stubby is easier to get a hold of compared to the sharkfin. You can go to any dealership and get one for $10.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Yea, regular radio sucks. The only reason I'm thinking of switching to a stubby is because of my HD radio reception. I think the stubby has some better reception than the sharkfin, especially when picking up *not so long range* digital radio signals. Looks wise though, I dont think I care much for the little piece of genitalia on top of the car...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=134716.msg2897995#msg2897995 date=1233244977]
Looks wise though, I dont think I care much for the little piece of genitalia on top of the car...
[/quote]

Lol, you'd be surprised how nice it actually does look on a hatch. If you want a cheap one that looks really nice and is made of nice quality (aluminum finish which is very tough against mother nature), try this one: http://www.carccessory.com/detail2I.asp?key=Stubby_Short_Antenna_I It matches the base perfectly too :)

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
imo, sharkfins look better on the sedan than the hatch.

note that the expensive sharfin has a fractal antenna that receives fairly well, while some of he cheaper short stubby antennas may not capture signals as well in some areas with weak signals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=nuffsaid link=topic=134716.msg2896960#msg2896960 date=1233199293]
for a sedan imo it depends on your other mods...sharkfin is a nice compliment to a drop,side skirts,tints,etc
if you are mostly stock I would lean toward a stubby
[/quote] Thats exactly what i'm afraid of, My car doesn't have much mods other than HID and tint, I was thinking a sharkfin would be too much, I guess I'm going with stubby. Can you get an RDX antenna from any honda dealership?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts