Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, a couple nights ago i was driving on the highway and pushed the car all the way to 120 where i forgot we have a fuel cut which Jake reminded me a lil later. I'm actually scared of it because when you are boosting you can hit 100 with ease..

so anyway when the fuel cut kicked in @120mph and the car jolted. All my warning lights came on and water temp sky rocketed. I pulled over and the car shut off on its own... i thought it overheated.. i waited turned it back on and it shut off again.
I pop the hood and notice shit all over the place - serpentine belt was to shreds. Had to tow the car home... :(

--- I went to mazda to get a replacement belt, went home, removed the right wheel and popped off the wheel well and notice you cant put the serpentine belt on without removing the AC belt. I called mazda and a tech said AC belt does not have a tensioner and you have to break it... which i heard is bullshit. Jake gave me the number to a guy up north (forgot his name) and said he would be able to help me. He said over the phone you can put on the serpentine without breaking AC belt but he never got back to me. How do i do that?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
this should be posted in stock issues as it doesn't directly pertain to your turbo.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
I can send you the Mazda3 Service Manual, if you want. There is a thread about it in the Maitenence section, lemme know (especially if you have AIM), and I can get it to ya. IM me, my s/n is the same as on here

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I don't see how it is related to fuel cut also.
I have hit fuel cut at 118mph many times with no problem at all before the turbo.

But the tech is correct in saying you need to cut the old A/C belt to install the new drive belt...That is how it is described to be done in the Mazda Service Manual.

I have done it both the Mazda way and just pulled the AC compressor down and installed it that way and each one is not too simple to do and you need to be carefull either way.

The Mazda tools you get with a new AC belt are trick and suck.

If you pull the AC compressor just make sure that all of the bolts go in straight and don't cross thread.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Yeah i thought there wasnt a limiter with the turbo kits... I guess it was HB only

I wonder why the temp went up also? .... is the water pump on that belt?

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=Xenon929 link=topic=65837.msg1128617#msg1128617 date=1167702913]
the fuel cut is eliminated when u go turbo... at least with the HB kit.
[/quote]

He's got a custom kit, one he built with a friend at a shop in Miami (correct me if I'm wrong)

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
[quote author=Xenon929 link=topic=65837.msg1128617#msg1128617 date=1167702913]
the fuel cut is eliminated when u go turbo... at least with the HB kit.
[/quote]

Werd!

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=65837.msg1128643#msg1128643 date=1167704560]
he's fixed...i drove out to his house and redid it all for him...took me about 10minutes hah. you dont need to cut the ac belt...you just need to be creative :)
[/quote]

Good to hear :goodjob:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i guess that's good to know that the Greddy unit doesn't bypass the gov. like the Haltech does. as he said, you can get up there pretty damn quick if you want, and not having anything (electronic) to stop you is very nice.

...another reason to get HB!!

glad it all got worked out though. can anyone confirm if the SCI kit (using Emanage?) has gov removed or not?

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
[quote author=MrTea link=topic=65837.msg1128765#msg1128765 date=1167713493]
i guess that's good to know that the Greddy unit doesn't bypass the gov. like the Haltech does. as he said, you can get up there pretty damn quick if you want, and not having anything (electronic) to stop you is very nice.

glad it all got worked out though. can anyone confirm if the SCI kit (using Emanage?) has gov removed or not?
[/quote]

No it doesn't.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
[quote author=MrTea link=topic=65837.msg1128765#msg1128765 date=1167713493]

[/quote]

The fuel cut is still there. SCI=eManage=stock ECU controls injectors; HB=Haltech=Haltech controls injectors.

I hear that if you bring lunch to your local Mazda master tech, he'll bump/remove the fuel cut from the ECU for 'ya. While he's at it, have the annoying seat belt minder removed too.

I need to find some time to get my limiter bumped 10 MPH and i'm good.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
been out for a while but yea jake came over and helped out with the belt. GOOD STUFF. but there is another problem!!!!

I think from that incident i have a leak with my clutch/brake fluid.

my clutch is completely free weight.. i dont know where the bleed valve is :(

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
....off topic a bit, but did you ever get redyno'd with the new exhaust? never got to see the 1st one, would like to see how that GT25 looks on the graph.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
i thought when u go trbo on our car the limiter get raised or is just removed?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts