Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add a navigation unit to my car. I don't want to have a single DIN heat unit on my dash because that takes away from the stock look. I was thinking about a double DIN unit once the metra kit is available but I'd much rather have the screen on the dash for ease of use. So I was thinking, is there any navigation units that have a touch screen separate? I was thinking about finding a dash piece in the junk yard and possibly moding it to a flip screen. I found the Pioneer 80DVD but I'm hopefully trying to find something better. I'd like navigation, mp3, DVD, and hopefully bluetooth.

·
Registered
211 Posts
[quote author=cpham53 link=topic=69569.msg1209394#msg1209394 date=1171556619]
I'm looking to add a navigation unit to my car. I don't want to have a single DIN heat unit on my dash because that takes away from the stock look. I was thinking about a double DIN unit once the metra kit is available but I'd much rather have the screen on the dash for ease of use. So I was thinking, is there any navigation units that have a touch screen separate? I was thinking about finding a dash piece in the junk yard and possibly moding it to a flip screen. I found the Pioneer 80DVD but I'm hopefully trying to find something better. I'd like navigation, mp3, DVD, and hopefully bluetooth.
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
211 Posts
[quote author=willyjay link=topic=69569.msg1436893#msg1436893 date=1180104333]
Pioneer AVIC-D3
[/quote]

As the man said,
"I was thinking about a double DIN unit once the metra kit is available but I'd much rather have the screen on the dash (like the OEM navi) for ease of use."

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Check out the Alpine Solutions.
The nav's are seperate. So you can remove the nav's and take it with you.
You can also hook them up to their dvd touch screen systems.

I have an Alpine D310 system with the Alpine Blackbird nav unit.

It is a single DIN that pops out. You can get their Doubledin unit, however i forgot the model name.
They have a new doubledin screen that slides out and u can actually plug the nav unit into it. This makes for a WAY cleaner install.
When you are travelling without your car, you take the nav unit out, and use it as a portable one :)

However, be prepared to pay more for this setup compared to Pioneer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts