Mazda3 Forums banner

Hatchback or Sedan Front

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Dont know if this has been asked before but I wanna get some opinions on the front of the car. Personally I think the hatchback front looks more aggresive and I loke that about it but lets put it to the test, what do you all prefer ?

M

·
0 Posts
I like the look of the front of the hatchback, but rear of the sedan looks alot better...

That's one of the main reasons why i chose the sedan over the hb. Did not like the back of the hatch @ all... IMO the butts too big!!

But its starting to grow on me... :D :D :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
car and driver magazine..."the more conservative sedan, essentially a scaled-down version of the Mazda 6 four-door. However, it's the sassy five-door version that's really the showpiece of the new lineup..."

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've seen the Mazda6 and Mazda3 HB next to one another and I think the HB front-end is just a chunkier version of the 6's. I thought the sedan would be the most like the Mazda6, but I don't think it is. I'm also not big on the HB's PT-Cruiser look.

·
Registered
250 Posts
little cute hatches are for girls, enjoy your hatches women....

·
Registered
650 Posts
mazda3Stratos said:
little cute hatches are for girls, enjoy your hatches women....
That's a low blow! :evil: :lol:
It's true that the women do like the hatch though. Problem is that you can still hear them nagging when you put them in the boot.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think Mazda has made a good balance with their styling.

The hatch looks tougher, with the blisters over the wheel arches, while the sedan is a bit more sedate and elegant.

Opposite of what Subaru did with the Impreza.

Damn that's an ugly car anyway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have always liked the more rounded look of a good sports sedan but could never bring myself to shell out the kind of money most makes wanted. The 3 sedan fits my "bill" perfectly.
Not sure if the hatch will be wanted for its more agressive front or if the hatch space itself is seen as a bonus by some. Watcha think? :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally I liked the look of the HB better. The back of the sedan doesn't quite do anything for me. Would have preferred a bigger boot on the HB though. I didn't particularly like the small boot entrance on the sedan.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hatches = Mini Station wagons LOL

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The funny thing is I originally ordered a sedan but due to a dealer stuff up they did the pre-delivery on a hatch. 1 hour before delivery they rang me and said they got a hatch ready. I was so hanging out for my car that I went down there anyway. I was originally tossing up between the both but when I saw the hatch again I honeslty thought it looked better so I got that instead. I am so glad I bought the hatch. The front is soooo much better than a sedan. To me the sedan looks like a wanna be muscle car but before all you sedan owners flame me I still think it looks great, just the front is dissapointing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gambitl7 said:
The 5-door is a sporty, young, fast look and the 4-door is a gradma look!!!
Better tell all the rally drivers of the world that use them. Bet they didn't know that :)

M

·
0 Posts
Hatchbacks for girls...
Sedans for grandmas....

Hahahahhaa..
What are we coming to???

·
Registered
250 Posts
My grandma just bought herself a SP23 sedan in winning blue... What do you think...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I reckon the sedan looks smooth, better than the impreza by a country mile, its as good looking as a 3 series to me.

The hatch looks better than any other hatch that I know, the peugots look okay and the alfa 147 gta probably looks slightly cooler, but its only a 3 door.

Both of them are really really sharp, rather than comparing the two against each other its perhaps best to recognise they're entirely two seperate segments that are better compared to other manufacturers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
unfortunatly that winning blue sp23 is not mine (or my grandma's) because Im waiting for the strato blue comming on the March boat... I cant wait.... I cant wait....I cant wait..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Im driving a Volvo, its been around Australia, its about to die (its all very sad)...

and then I think of the 3 and ahhhhhhhh its suddenly not so sad anymore

1 - 20 of 32 Posts