Specs
Maintenance/Repair
Aftermarket

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have specs for the brakes? If so is NA getting different brakes (size) than Europe?

In the US from what I understand ABS w/EBDF will ***NOT*** be standard like in Canada. Mazda did they same with the M6 - not their best idea so far...

In other news, Brembos will not be on (very likely).

Any thoughts, comments?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My question is whether the brakes and suspension will be the same along all models? (Canadian lineup).

Like will the GX have the same suspension as the GT? Or is it just the little things that'll be different?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
All I've heard in regards to breaks is that they will be larger than the 6's. I also assumed that ABS will be an option. I just hope they don't make it too hard to get ABS (IE, not make you get a premium package just to get safer breaks)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ALL MARKETS, SELECT TRIM LEVELS: Mazda3’s brake system is designed for responsive, linear deceleration enhanced by exceptional robustness and controllability. Large ventilated front discs (278 mm or 300 mm depending on model) and solid rear discs (265 mm or 280 mm) are larger and thicker (25mm front/11mm rear) than the Mazda 323, yielding greater braking effectiveness, consistency, rigidity and response. A 10-inch (255 mm) single vacuum booster enhances brake effectiveness and response by ensuring a linear increase in deceleration as pedal travel increases. The booster is tuned to shorten pedal travel for more instantaneous response to braking inputs and provides for a feeling of safety in most driving situations. Mazda3 also features newly developed low-expansion brake hoses, reduced master cylinder travel loss, optimised brake pad friction characteristics plus high-grip tyres, to further optimise braking performance. The result is a braking distance from 100 km/h of only 37 m.

OPTIONAL IN THE U.S., STANDARD ALL MARKETS: Mazda3’s robust brakes are part of a standard four-wheel ABS system, with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) and built in mechanical brake assistance. This provides superior vehicle stability and braking performance on slippery roads and in emergency situations, whether the car is fully loaded or nearly empty.

SELECT MARKETS ONLY: Optional dynamic stability control (DSC) combines the functions of four-wheel ABS and traction control to suppressing side skidding and maintain a stable vehicle attitude when cornering on slippery surfaces or during hazard avoidance manoeuvres.

·
Registered
155 Posts
well I dunno where you getting your information but this is copy and pasted straight from the updated Mazda.ca page

Front: Single Piston Ventilated Disc (278mm) brakes
Rear: Drum brakes (229mm)
Optional ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution System(EBFD) (standard on ES & LX sports package)

DRUM BRAKES??? ahhh crap...you gotta be $hitting me

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just checked out the "features" section and it says.

Power-assisted ventilated front disc/ rear disc brakes Standard for all models....ok?? weird

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The GT and s will have discs - it just makes sense since they'll have ABS.

Now I'm also curious how these compare to the RSX, 6, Civic, etc...

Anyone has indo on these cars?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dru212702 said:
I'm relatively new to this forum but.....wow dinu01 doesn't have an answer?? lol :O
Yes I've let you all down on this one. :oops: But I don't particularily care about the RSX/etc although I would like to know how the 3's brakes compare - you know for bragging rights 8)

·
Registered
70 Posts
U.S. specs:

4-door i - 10.9" front (ventilated discs), 10.4" rears (solid discs)

4-door s, 5-door s - 11.8" front (ventilated discs), 11.0" rears (solid discs)

all models are power assist with optional ABS and EBD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts