Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a clue on this? I am looking at the Mazda 3 brochure and it says Security System/Remote start as an option but every time I call a dealer and ask them about it they sounds like they've never heard about it. All I want to do is make sure they will install it on a 5 speed and not give me that "only on automatics" crap. Because then I have to get an aftermarket one and just don't want to hassle with it. Also if someone does know or has got one on your 3, how much did it run ya? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sorry, remote starts are MADE for automatics. No stereo shop will install it for you either.

BUT.. you can buy a remote start and install it yourself. If you leave it in gear once, and hit the remote start button..... SURPRISE SURPRISE

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um, actually thats not correct. I have installed them on manuals. They are designed to be installed with autos but they can easily be installed on manuals. You simply override the clutch switch and the limiter that stops it from starting the car if it is not in park can be looped to the emergency brake. My question was is it available from factory not whether or not it is possible to which I already know. Thanks though. Can anyone answer my question.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant to add that MOST stereo shops won't, The one I worked for did we just would not offer a warranty on it and voided liability.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Little M3 book says yes. But have no idea how much it is.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Looked up Mazdausa.com and I think its offered in NA at all. Doesnt it even give the option to choose it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for checking, the dealer guys keeps telling me "Oh yeah sure no problem"
and then I'm like "uuuhh, ok.... well how much is it then?"
and then there like "ummm can I call you back?"
and then I'm all like "yes?"
and then there like ".........".
Pisses me off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts