Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. That light thats in the instrument cluster. Is it suppose to flash when the car is off? My car is an 05 btw. It goes away when its started and it doesnt flash when the car is being used. I actually called the dealership about this and asked. They said yes it suppose to do this. Ive had my car for over a year now and it has never done this. Is it something that suppose to work and never did? Until now? The light also flashes when I turn it to the acc position to listen to the radio.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS!!!! Like I said. It never done that before but now it does. Weird. I guess the car has a mind of its own.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops. Messed up on the last post.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=KoRn link=topic=66191.msg1135290#msg1135290 date=1168040507]
THANKS!!!! Like I said. It never done that before but now it does. Weird. I guess the car has a mind of its own.
[/quote]

I'm inclined to belive that your car has been doing that all along and you just didn't notice. Unless you stand there looking at your gauges after you turn it off... you wouldn't notice it. That being said, I'm not calling you a liar. The fact remains that the security light is supposed to blink with the vehicle off and it appears to be normal now - so that's all that matters. BTW, the call to the dealership wasn't necessary. That light is explained in your manual.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ True. It is in the manual and I did look it up. It just didnt touch base and say its normal for it to blink when the car is off. I know its crazy. I swear though it never did this before. I get in and out of my car all the time. And when parked waiting on someone or something. I will listen to some tunes. That light never blinked at all. Atleast its normal. Im happy now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had my car for a month before I ever noticed this light. I then had the dilemna, of had it been blinking all along, and I'd never noticed it? I'm feeling a bit sheepish if that's the answer.

The owner's manual was quite vague as to what its for or does or how it operates, so I was left with quite the quandry about it.

Thanks for the info posted about it. I guess I'm slipping in my old age.........lol.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
[quote author=3ZOOMZZ link=topic=66191.msg3072857#msg3072857 date=1240277438]
I had my car for a month before I ever noticed this light. I then had the dilemna, of had it been blinking all along, and I'd never noticed it? I'm feeling a bit sheepish if that's the answer.

The owner's manual was quite vague as to what its for or does or how it operates, so I was left with quite the quandry about it.

Thanks for the info posted about it. I guess I'm slipping in my old age.........lol.
[/quote]

+1, I didn't notice it for the first month or two I owned the car. Then I was going "What the heck is that light? Looks like a light for an alarm, but my car doesn't have an alarm?" I had to ask.
-Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.