Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, from the looks of it, the new Mazda3 does not have an alarm system, eh? Can someone please confirm that? Thanks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Correct

It has an immobilizer, no alarm. Good enough for me since no one bothers with audible alarms anymore (too used to them).

If ya want one, go buy one!

·
Registered
396 Posts
the gt comes with a factory alarm. which is not that good. it will only go off if someone tries to force open the doors.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I plan to add a security system to my car.. without the siren though. Im going to install a windows module, like my old cars, and make the windows roll up if someone is stupid enough to stick their hand in my car. Will need a disturbance field to make it work.

Eh and I can roll up the windows from afar.. instead of sticking in my key if I forgot a window.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Thanks!

Immobilizer+alarm - should be ok. Of course you'd have to chain the car to a cruise ship, weld the doors shut and cover it in barbwire if you wanna make sure no one will steal it. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Correct

factrzero said:
It has an immobilizer, no alarm. Good enough for me since no one bothers with audible alarms anymore (too used to them).

If ya want one, go buy one!
Alarm is an important feature which I want in my car as it not only prevents thieves from stealing, but also from breaking in and stealing the contents. Besides, you can always by the Club to really secure your car from being stolen.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
dinu01 said:
Thanks!

Immobilizer+alarm - should be ok. Of course you'd have to chain the car to a cruise ship, weld the doors shut and cover it in barbwire if you wanna make sure no one will steal it. :)
Even then, I'd be worried. :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the GS model and it doesn't come with alarm system (nor is it an option). Any suggestion on which aftermarket alarm system to install and where to get it in Toronto? I am really scared of my car being stolen after my old jetta (with club on) got stolen from my driveway a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
On the Canadian sport GT it comes with an alarm system and an immobilizer. For other trims I don't know.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's why I have insurance. :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
ken said:
I have the GS model and it doesn't come with alarm system (nor is it an option). Any suggestion on which aftermarket alarm system to install and where to get it in Toronto? I am really scared of my car being stolen after my old jetta (with club on) got stolen from my driveway a few weeks ago.
Might wanna post this in "Canada" and title it Alarm Shops in Toronto (or similar).

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Re: Correct

factrzero said:
Alarm is an important feature which I want in my car as it not only prevents thieves from stealing, but also from breaking in and stealing the contents. Besides, you can always by the Club to really secure your car from being stolen.
Because you can't saw through the wheel to remove the club or anything...

·
Registered
163 Posts
ken said:
there are a couple good little shops to get something like that installed.

With an alarm system, its 5% the type of alarm you buy, and 95% the installation. There are a lot of crappy half-assed installers out there (my last alarm included (2001 audio/video)). You need someone who knows how and where to hide things, and it HAS to be someone you know you can trust. I know of too many people who went in to get an alarm, or something installed on their car, only to have it jacked by the very same people who installed it.

I wish I had a good place that you could go to, Im looking around right now, asking lots of questions to good friends. When I turn something up, and my car doesnt get boosted, I'll let ya know. :cool:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Actually, the US models only come with the immobilizer and remote entry. There is a panic button, but no alarm.

You can upgrade to a security system that boasts a remote starter as well. I'm considering this since I just churn mine when I try to start anyway. At least then if it doesn't start, they have to admit there's a problem somewhere!

As far as insurance goes - the passive security (keychip) will get you a better discount than the security system.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so if you add an aftermarket alarm does the immobilizer that came fromt he factory still work?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Depends on the system and who installs it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts