Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my red S Hatch, but the seatbelt reminder bothers me to no end... any ideas how to get it disabled?

Cheers,
3BEPb :twisted:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I hate to be obvious but why not just buckle the bloody belt?

Preferably you would do this with your body between the belt and the seat; but you could always buckle it and then just sit on the belt.

·
Registered
465 Posts
airbags

Also, I believe that the airbags in the 3 deploy differently based on whether you have the seatbelt on or off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, once again, to keep us away from the usual 'wear your seatbelt' posts, you can have this turned off permanantly by your dealer's service department. They do have to hook it up to their computer and there is a charge. I was quoted 35 bucks. Well worth it since I think it's the most annoying reminder I have ever heard. Once would be enough, but to continue every few minutes is just wrong.

Also, 35 bucks is better than sitting on an uncomfortable lump as suggested.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I remember in one of my old volks GTI there was a little speaker module and you just had to disconnect it to get rid of the annoying sounds.

I always wear my seatbelt but sometimes this seatbelt thing comes on just because I'm switching my car from one side of the street to the other....kind of annoying.

·
Registered
420 Posts
packpackpack said:
You offer a great resource to the original poster in this thread.
Glad to be of use. :D

If people would just read over their manuals, like I did to give my original, resourceful answer, most, if not all, of their questions would be answered. Besides, I view messageboards more as entertainment than a rescource.

·
Registered
126 Posts
BMM3 said:
packpackpack said:
You offer a great resource to the original poster in this thread.
Glad to be of use. :D

If people would just read over their manuals, like I did to give my original, resourceful answer, most, if not all, of their questions would be answered. Besides, I view messageboards more as entertainment than a rescource.
Then I guess the original poster should be thanked for providing you some sort of entertainment. Also, I can see how the blurb on getting this shut off by the dealer could be missed in the manual. Of course, if people would read over the manual like you to come up with your own original resourceful answer and then act like a smartass, there would be no resource here at all. Just 'entertainment'. :roll:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm sorry if you took my first post as me being a "smartass", that was not my intention. But, my second, and third, oh yea, baby! And just remember, you brought up the word resource, not me.

Moving on now..............post has gotten way off base. See you in another topic :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
i don't see why people don't just buckle their seat belts...

is it so annoying that someone would rather not buckle it at the risk even more serious injury if involved in an accident? i just don't get it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
dk0280 said:
i don't see why people don't just buckle their seat belts...

is it so annoying that someone would rather not buckle it at the risk even more serious injury if involved in an accident? i just don't get it.
Let's say you're dropping your friend off to a bank machine to pick up some cash.. do you shut off your car while waiting.. or you would let the car idle for few minutes while enjoying your favourite music in the car WITH YOUR SEATBELT FASTENED??

I do let my seatbelt off when i'm driving around a parking lot looking for a spot. And sometimes it takes more then a few minutes to find one.. and i'm sure the seatbelt wouldn't do much for me if **touch wood** i got hit by someone driving 5km/hr in the lot.

I do drive with my seatbelt buckled always.. but there are also times you don't need it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
packpackpack said:
Agreed. It's too intrusive and annoying. My first free oilchange at my dealer, it's going away.
For sure i'm gonna ask my service dept to take it away.. something i wanna give back to them.. no thank you...

i timed it today.. it repeats every 30 seconds.. maybe just enough time for you to close your windows and sunroof after you park your car.. before it beeps again!

If Mazda was smart enough.. should have programmed it so it's automatically turned off once you put it in "P".. means i'm NOT DRIVING SO I WANNA UNBUCKLE MY SEATBELT PLEASE!

:wink:

·
Registered
126 Posts
2k1_bug said:
packpackpack said:
Agreed. It's too intrusive and annoying. My first free oilchange at my dealer, it's going away.
For sure i'm gonna ask my service dept to take it away.. something i wanna give back to them.. no thank you...

i timed it today.. it repeats every 30 seconds.. maybe just enough time for you to close your windows and sunroof after you park your car.. before it beeps again!

If Mazda was smart enough.. should have programmed it so it's automatically turned off once you put it in "P".. means i'm NOT DRIVING SO I WANNA UNBUCKLE MY SEATBELT PLEASE!

:wink:
Yup, but that wouldn't help those of us, seemingly a majority, that have 5 speed manuals. I would think once is enough, no matter what.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm going to find an MZ3 at the dealer and steal a sealtbelt clip and put it in there..just the clip...I don't recommend doing this but if the dealer can't fix it I will resort to this LOL..I hate that beeping.

·
Registered
126 Posts
grooverider said:
I'm going to find an MZ3 at the dealer and steal a sealtbelt clip and put it in there..just the clip...I don't recommend doing this but if the dealer can't fix it I will resort to this LOL..I hate that beeping.
But for those of us who want to wear the seatbelt 'most' of the time, that's a hassle. I'm better off having the reminder turned off by the dealer.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts