Nice or Rice?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some Chevy shoulder pads on my cavalier and it made wearing of the seatbelt more comfortable; however, wanted to get peoples opinions of them in their own eyes.

Are they even a possibility on a clean, performance car or should they be left on the shelf?

Thanks.

EDIT: Added poll :twisted:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Had them on a Civic.

Don't have them on the PRO.

I find the PRO's and 3's seatbelts comfy enough and they do provide a height adjustment, making these pads obsolete IMO - unless you want more Mazda logos inside your car.

I'd have to say I'm leaning towards rice.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
im leaning towards rice as well, i seroiusly thought about getting them...but depending on the interior i guess, if oyu have black leather: def not...but if you've got the cloth i think it would look OK...

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seatbelt adjustment does make the belts more comfy. Haven't you noticed they are real light and flimsy? I kind of like it.

I was leaning as well, but figured gather some opinions first...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have them in my 3 now, I used to have them in my Integra and when I first got my 3 I felt kind of weird without the seatbelt pad on, so I got a couple of them for the 3 :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I would only have them if I had harnesses...

Even then... eh, lets just say rice.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think rice, unless the belt is really hurting you. In that case go ahead. Just don't get ones that say stupid things on them though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
M3-GT said:
Absinthe said:
I think seatbelt pads are designed for 4-point seatbelts to minimize shoulder injury.
Yep. That's why they come in pairs.
Except that no real racer would use the shoddy pads they sell at Pep Boys (total rice junk), and they come in pairs so that you have one for each side of the car.

Real racing harnesses (5-point) do not need velcroed-on pads...

Which would not help reduce shoulder injury at all (unless maybe you're racing without a shirt on).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts