Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mazda 3 GT should be arriving in the end of March to early April. The only thing I don't care much about is the leather seats. I love the fact that it adds value to the car but in summertime it sucks. Its annoying to have to throw a towel over your seats because their too hot to sit on.

I was thinking about getting a couple of covers (for the front two seats). You know, some kind of netted covers or something. Anyone have any ideas or know where i can find anything like this?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Man .. I would kill for leather seats.. seriously.. i would ... :p ... You can have my seats if you want to trade :)

AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT LEATHER.. sigh .. they smell heavenly.. sigh ... <3 <3 Leather..

but yeah

+2 Window Tint.

But if you're still interested in seat covers, ( I call you crazy but here ),

I could only find lame Hawain looking ones and covers for doggys.

http://search.autoanything.com/?SH=....autoanything.com&kc=&Action=2&AnswerID=63586

But Yeah-- :fc:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, i love my leather seats but i don't want my cheeks burnin' in the summer time. I want entire seats. I just want some covers. But, sounds like tinted windows are the way to go. How much does that cost? about $200 ? or what? an estimate i mean, no matter how dark or bright the tint... As far as seat covers, i was thinking about some netted seat covers. Like the cargo nets type of thing. Not a good look?

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Yeah, tint will run you in the neighborhood of $200. I think it's a win-win because you get to keep the yummy leather seating surfaces and your car looks nicer from the outside. Plus, most seat covers look pretty cheap, unless you spend around what you'd spend on tinting.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, you right. i'm gonna go wit tints. appreciate it. i was really gonna buy some cheap ass covers. i just didnt want my buns to burn. But if tint can keep the seats cool then i'm fine with that.

G

·
Just be aware...the windows in my roommate's Explorer were tinted 20% and I seriously burned my ass on his seats twice before I finally just stuffed a towel under the back seat for summer use.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have tint, but I also live in texas. With some summer days hitting 120, tint wont be enough. A solution is needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts