Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
DigitalCameraBuff said:
Anyone have experience using paint sealant instead of wax. I read an article that said a good sealant to use was:

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or
Pinnacle's Souveran Signature series or
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

long story short -- they need to be used in conjunction with eachother.

read this article : http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-perfect.html

and then everything else on the site.

· Registered
276 Posts
Honestly, don't get too hung up with the difference between "sealant" and "wax". They are technically different, but have the same jobs and aren't applied all that differently in most cases.

I've been out of things for the last couple weeks, but the Wolfgang is still too new to tell, and I haven't even heard about the new Pinnacle product till now. The Klasse product though is tried and true as an excellent, very long lasting sealant on par with the famous Zaino. It is somewhat finnicky to apply according to directions, but if you check out the Autopia forums, an easier, faster method has been devised. ;)

To be horribly over-generalized, sealants tend to last longer than natural waxes, but this line has become very blurred recently, since some sealants now try to emphasize gloss and appearance rather than bullet-proof durability, and some waxes are extremely durable too. Also most "carnauba waxes" these days are blended with synthetic components just because carnauba all by itself doesn't last that long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.