Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a nice day so I started off with some long overdue detailing. I recently acquired a set of the red/black S seat covers for a 5 door on ebay. I have the 3i sedan in beige, but for 20 bucks I figured it was worth messing around. My original seats are pretty nasty looking after 43k miles. I simply put the cover over the original ones to see how they may differ. So far it looks like the hardware is slightly different on the 5 door, but it could easily fit with some minor modification. I'm contemplating whether to go ahead with this or invest in http://nwseatcovers.com/sport.html.

Opinions, ideas?

I'd have to trim this area to allow the seat belt strap here.

There'd be a hole here and I'd be cutting the other side for the unlock lever.

I don't think it would look all bad, but it's pretty early in the game.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i think it looks ok but personally i would take them to a shop and have them replace the red with your tan parts. it would make it match better and with the black accents on the seats it would really pop especially if you painted some of the door pannel pieces black as well like the arm rest area speaker, maybe the cup holder part and some parts of the dash.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The eBay ones won't fit well, needs adjusting and even then it might not look good. I guess it all depends on how much the other set cost. I want to find out how much the leather cover for mazda 3 cost on that site, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=devil2k link=topic=69774.msg1214337#msg1214337 date=1171758326]
The eBay ones won't fit well, needs adjusting and even then it might not look good. I guess it all depends on how much the other set cost. I want to find out how much the leather cover for mazda 3 cost on that site, too.
[/quote]

I was quoted in 03/06 $750 for the leather set and $145 per row for the two-tone sport covers. I'll have to contact them again and check for updated prices as that would be feasible if they are a decent quality. I haven't seen anything on ebay worthwhile except these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120085275434

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=noodles link=topic=69774.msg1214322#msg1214322 date=1171757302]
i think it looks ok but personally i would take them to a shop and have them replace the red with your tan parts. it would make it match better and with the black accents on the seats it would really pop especially if you painted some of the door pannel pieces black as well like the arm rest area speaker, maybe the cup holder part and some parts of the dash.
[/quote]

I wanted to keep the two tone as much as possible, but add some black accents. I was kind of figuring paint the arm rest or everything from the armrests down. The door panel fabric will be replaced with a different fabric, but probably of the same color. I think your right though, that red's probably not going to fly with this scheme.

·
Registered
976 Posts
[quote author=nisus link=topic=69774.msg1214718#msg1214718 date=1171778954]
I was quoted in 03/06 $750 for the leather set and $145 per row for the two-tone sport covers. I'll have to contact them again and check for updated prices as that would be feasible if they are a decent quality. I haven't seen anything on ebay worthwhile except these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120085275434
[/quote]

If these are OEM and are only $300 then there's really no point of getting the $750 ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts