Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent over two hours washing and waxing my 3s HB on sunday before heading over to my grandmothers 80th birthday and as im parking the car, I heard it. The sound thant you never want to hear, the grinding, crunching...oh does it send chills down my spine (not the good kinds :cry: ). I jumped out of the car to assess the damage, not too bad, but my front right wheel was scratched up decently. A pretty big scratch on one spoke, and a few minor chips on the lip. I flipped, but calmed down pretty quickly, and now im just trying to figure out what to do. anyone have any suggestions of what to do to get rid of the scratches?? Some one suggested Blue Magic, but im still desperate for help.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It'll probably need to be refinished. I'm 99.99% sure they are clear coated. Once this is destroyed the only way to fix it is to refinish it. If these are indeed painted I can almost promise you metal polish of any kind will damage the paint, if not remove it completely. Your best bets are to live with it, or replace it. I'm gonna guess it will probably cost more to refinish it then to replace it. It's a tough call. Make a few calls just to get an idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts