Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My car and the other car parked along the curb on the same street, then a second car tried to squeeze into the tiny space between my car and the other car. Due to the lack of room, the car in the middle seemed to scratch off the paint sealant on the bumper, making that area look dull. Luckily the paint was not damaged. Do I need to bring my car in for doing the paint sealant again? Is that any way to fix that by myself? :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
Paint sealant?
It's probably just the clearcoat, and from your description, it can probably just be buffed out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
next time you see that f***er, start punching. Don't you just love hit-and-run-morons? I wish a pox on their entire family.... a pox I tell you.

No, you don't need to go for more 'paint sealant'. If you'd read the forum before falling for that scam you would have saved some money. Pity.

It's likely lost the clearcoat layer of the finish, and if you can wash, wax and then buff that out, then that's great. It might need to be re-coated though. NOT with the stuff they wipe on at the dealers, which is essentially synthetic wax, but with a clear coat layer from a bodyshop. Try the waxing yourself and hopefully you'll be satisfied with the results. If not, get thee to a body shop (again, not the dealership).

Bummer, I feel for you.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Damn, stillwater, you on a thread resurrection mission or what!?!?! This is #2 I see so far LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts