Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personally, I can't stand the look of it, it looks like a box on wheels. My friend really likes it though and i went and drove one with him, he has a tricked out mr2 and he says it handles just as well as his mr2. Even with that though, I couldnt drive the thing, I cant stand the look.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Reminds me of some kinda Mercedes SUV I've seen before...

Well, if you wanna make it un-ugly, just add some 22" spinners!!! MWA HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
581 Posts
Scion xB = box on 4 wheels

I mean, for a cheap vehicle, there are few that can compare to it. In reality, though, it's just a rebadged Toyota. And because of that, we can expect reliability over performance.

The xB was meant to attract the "younger" crowd for it's low price and edgy-look, but ironically, I see more 30 to 50 something year olds buying and driving this car. If you want a new, cheap, reliable car that will get you from point A to B, most will go buy a Civic or a Corolla. Maybe that's it. Maybe the xB is just an underpowered, boxy Corolla :lol:

My opinion? I don't like the style. I've never liked boxy cars. Even if they made this thing with 200hp+ and AWD, I still wouldn't want one.

·
Registered
773 Posts
From what I can tell (plus what I've read), the Scion xA and xB are both based on, drumroll please------------------------(I sure hope this is what a drumroll looks like online) a Toyota ECHO!!!!! And the crowd goes....silent. Yeah, 108 HP, center gauges, etc. But at least they both have ABS, which is damn near impossible to get on any SoCal Toyota w/o a V6 or being an SUV.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm betting the Caldina and the Matrix have a lot in common. Look at the profile, especially in the rear, and you'll see the same backswept rear pillars. Still, it does look nicer than a Matrix inside, especially with the electroluminescent gauges and the NAV system. What's the badge on the front? Is that for the Caldina?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.