Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personally, I can't stand the look of it, it looks like a box on wheels. My friend really likes it though and i went and drove one with him, he has a tricked out mr2 and he says it handles just as well as his mr2. Even with that though, I couldnt drive the thing, I cant stand the look.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I like the Xa a little bit, since I saw it at the Philly Auto show with 17 ' wheels and it had a nice stance to it.

How about "ugly" to define this car?
Add an "f" before "ugly" and you are correct :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Reminds me of some kinda Mercedes SUV I've seen before...

Well, if you wanna make it un-ugly, just add some 22" spinners!!! MWA HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
581 Posts
Scion xB = box on 4 wheels

I mean, for a cheap vehicle, there are few that can compare to it. In reality, though, it's just a rebadged Toyota. And because of that, we can expect reliability over performance.

The xB was meant to attract the "younger" crowd for it's low price and edgy-look, but ironically, I see more 30 to 50 something year olds buying and driving this car. If you want a new, cheap, reliable car that will get you from point A to B, most will go buy a Civic or a Corolla. Maybe that's it. Maybe the xB is just an underpowered, boxy Corolla :lol:

My opinion? I don't like the style. I've never liked boxy cars. Even if they made this thing with 200hp+ and AWD, I still wouldn't want one.

·
Registered
773 Posts
From what I can tell (plus what I've read), the Scion xA and xB are both based on, drumroll please------------------------(I sure hope this is what a drumroll looks like online) a Toyota ECHO!!!!! And the crowd goes....silent. Yeah, 108 HP, center gauges, etc. But at least they both have ABS, which is damn near impossible to get on any SoCal Toyota w/o a V6 or being an SUV.

·
Registered
80 Posts
a couple of things are interesting on the xB as well as the xA.

1) GREAT GAS mileage(atleast city, highway only slight increase cause of shape)
2) surprisingly roomy inside
3) very lightweight

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm betting the Caldina and the Matrix have a lot in common. Look at the profile, especially in the rear, and you'll see the same backswept rear pillars. Still, it does look nicer than a Matrix inside, especially with the electroluminescent gauges and the NAV system. What's the badge on the front? Is that for the Caldina?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts