Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more and more affluent people are turning to these fine gentlemen as their answer.

note the distinct lack of any female head-figures to speak of. note the very o'reilly-esque forms of argument, circular logic etc. i can easily see how they get through to some people as this is the method most cults use to destroy the will of the weak. even the strongest minds will collapse given the correct environment.

fuck, even the goddamn POLICE just stand there. where are we going to draw the line, and WHO will do it?

does this mirror anything?

with the growing popularity of such a cult--and it is one--especially concerning some of the most affluent people on earth, should we be scared? the wealthy are funding it. people, 40 years, it isn't going away. a privatized religion for a privatized earth, all backed with an unusual method of force.

just think about it. where will it lead? and when will we say "enough"?

some NSFW (but please watch them all - an excellent short film)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0GBhmtH6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45JeNweQRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA4DgPlNIU0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfE_YWTk5Cs

note the names mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=interbulate

they aren't going away and they're getting stronger, whether you ignore it or not.

DISCUSS

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
^ nice topic for a research paper. lol i like your title too. :D

so is scientology the incarnation of evil? i mean they obviously don't believe in christ. as that southpark vid pointed out... lol

can people still believe the beliefs of scientology when the discovery of Noah's Ark have been confirmed?
scientology sucks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've been waiting for years for the "Church" of Scientology to be called out as evil and immoral. I don't know if it will ever happen. People like Tom Cruise, John Travolta and of course the leaders of Scientology will sacrifice all their money for the lawyers to uphold their beliefs. It's amazing how evil people can be and get away with it.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
[quote author=Panda_Man link=topic=69753.msg1214035#msg1214035 date=1171745084]
Cruise deserved that squirt in the face. lol
[/quote]

Something tells me that's not the only face-squirting he's seen. Maybe that's what sparked his little hissy-fit... it hit a bit too close to home

I'm sorry. :hsugh:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=69753.msg1214292#msg1214292 date=1171755630]
idk but that southpark episode was great
[/quote]

Yeah, I loved the representation of the story.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=Panda_Man link=topic=69753.msg1213977#msg1213977 date=1171742611]
^ nice topic for a research paper. lol i like your title too. :D

so is scientology the incarnation of evil? i mean they obviously don't believe in christ. as that southpark vid pointed out... lol

can people still believe the beliefs of scientology when the discovery of Noah's Ark have been confirmed?
scientology sucks.
[/quote]

i'm fairly certain that scientology will emerge, gradually, as the main opposition to christianity as a whole throughout the next decade or so in the US. i say the US because unfortunately your society is greatly influenced by propaganda and the like.

not only that, but since it requires your cash to enter, it will no doubt become a very "in vogue" religion since monetary expenditures are now a greater judge of your worth than anything else in this life.

isaac hayes also left south park on account of their portrayal which, might i add, was mostly an objective viewpoint. what they animated on the show was indeed correct. and in comparison to that last video, slightly tame.

oh, the hypocrisy, chef. say it ain't so.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Battlefield Earth was quite an interesting book. however the church of scientology represents what i hate about religions. while they should be welcoming and friendly and peaceful and all, some ppl on a power trip twist it to be completely dogmatic. problem is, from what i know... scientology is not twisted to be this way... it was created this way. Usually, i'm more of a "let anyone follow their religions in peace (but they must do the same)", but for scientology i dunno. i need more info tho... i'll watch those movies later.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you'll certainly change your tune after those movies.

in doesn't state it completely in the film, but much of what scientology is based off of is early magick and rantings from such notable people as rasputin, crowley et al. just bizarre, drugged shit that people like anton lavey (church of satan) would subscribe to. things that hold no basis in reality.

the guy is just a nut. a total wacko. obviously he wanted to make some coin and he succeeded. i can't watch films with these celebrities who are scientologists anymore, i'd hate to think i was some how funding this garbage.

but just watch. anything you have to pay for will always be held in stature above what comes free (at least it is now). and as the dollar is ever immortalized as a god, well, so might these people.

sorry for the dramatic take but you get my drift.

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=69753.msg1214767#msg1214767 date=1171781875]
you'll certainly change your tune after those movies.

in doesn't state it completely in the film, but much of what scientology is based off of is early magick and rantings from such notable people as rasputin, crowley et al. just bizarre, drugged shit that people like anton lavey (church of satan) would subscribe to. things that hold no basis in reality.

the guy is just a nut. a total wacko. obviously he wanted to make some coin and he succeeded. i can't watch films with these celebrities who are scientologists anymore, i'd hate to think i was some how funding this garbage.

but just watch. anything you have to pay for will always be held in stature above what comes free (at least it is now). and as the dollar is ever immortalized as a god, well, so might these people.

sorry for the dramatic take but you get my drift.
[/quote]

I was little tired when i wrote but i actually meant the same thing as you. the thing about Battlefield Earth is that even though the story was simplistic, it was kinda cool and an entertaining read, it still is, even though i hold little respect for Hubbard beyond that. btw, I'm even more tired than before so this post might make even less sense :D

edit: just watched the movie... HOLY SHIT is what i say. to 1bad3... all religions may be cults, but you have to admit that large religions mostly have friendly people. you hear about the few that aren't more often than not, but they aren't the majority. this is also why they become large religions too. ppl won't adhere in mass to a strict religion unless there is a MAJOR crisis. I don't have any facts about Islam or Christianity, but the form of Buddhism took in Imperial China had lost most of its stricter commandments (like vegetarianism and the like) and this is the form that became dominant in East Asia for some time.
a question about the movie. what south park says... is that true? i mean completely true? cuz in quebec we have a similar sect called Raelians. they are the guys who announced that they had cloned several humans in the past. They also have a rather entertaining alien story (those would make good movies).

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=69753.msg1214493#msg1214493 date=1171765403]
not only that, but since it requires your cash to enter, it will no doubt become a very "in vogue" religion since monetary expenditures are now a greater judge of your worth than anything else in this life.
[/quote]

It pretty much already is that way, but I think you've hit the nail on the head about the money part. All these Hollywood nutjobs flaunt their association with Scientology as though it's some kind of status symbol (which it is), the same way fratboys flaunt their association with a frat. As much as organized religion can grate on me, scientology takes the cake as far the sense of smug, self-important elitism it seems to instill in its members.

isaac hayes also left south park on account of their portrayal which, might i add, was mostly an objective viewpoint. what they animated on the show was indeed correct. and in comparison to that last video, slightly tame.

oh, the hypocrisy, chef. say it ain't so.
The most bullshit part of that whole deal was that they've basically taken on every other major religion in South Park, and Isaac Hayes didn't have a word of objection about that.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
darknodin, what south park says is true. scary, eh?

dmention7, i know what you're saying. and you're right about isaac hayes, which is why i mentioned the hypocrisy. scientologists are required, by religion, to oppose anyone speaking out against them as that last video i posted proves. he didn't have any other qualms beforehand.

1bad3, i think your reasoning is solid but i would hesitate to call most religions cults in the popular sense of the word. sure, many fit the bill, but there are also some stark differences to be noted.

·
Registered
801 Posts
My question is... are they really a great threat? they might be dangerous on the individual level, but do they even have the potential to become a greater threat? religions that are dogmatic in their infancy tend to die out pretty quickly. None of the major religions started with a clear set of rules. I personally think that in a few years (decades) scientology will be close to nonexistent... to the level of satanists or the Illuminati or those kinds. there is freedom of religion in the US i think. and the way it is handled now (with lawsuits and the like), while not ideal, is the best I can think of.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts