Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get something setup for an SC install, but i none of the Mazda6 guys are willing to do it.

Found out a guy works for a company out here who makes a SC kit for the new MX-5 (miata) with the 2.0 duratec, and i'm trying to get it crossed over to our fwd/transverse setup. but someone needs to be the guinea pig and purchase the 1st kit. if i can get all the R&D taken care of, not to mention the install, would anyone here be interested?

hit me up or post here if you are interested or have questions. this does me no good obviously, but i'm just tryin to help you guys out.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i rarely go into that section as it seems meets with 3's never work out with me...so i gave up. so i posted here.

the company is Power Enterprise. they have the kits for the mx-5 overseas and i'm trying to get them to bring it over here and do the tweaking for the fwd setup. i really like the way it's setup, figured it would work well.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if someone really wants it, they can always buy it and i can get someone a bit more stingy to just do the test fitting? just throwing out ideas, as i need people to make this work.

and for reference. some of their other SC kits are selling right at $3k (though those setups use a jack-shaft which the miata didn't i think, and i don't know how tuning was figured?) just to give you guys an idea on what you might be looking at. and i'd say a typical 8psi setup would keep you in the 210-230hp range if 8psi is netting 250hp with the turbo. again, just guessing, the pros might know a bit more on that.

....i'm tryin guys, it's up to you

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
If somebody didn't steal my friggen motorcycle, I'd be able to go weeks without a car and would put mine up for test use. Bunch of haters out there in socal... heh

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
hey Mr tea...send me a PM or email with the details man...i dunno about the downtime, but i'd like to check it out. thanks.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
don't have any details, i'm not doing any more footwork (ie. wasting mine or their time) until someone commits to the funds.

·
Registered
501 Posts
[quote author=MrTea link=topic=67632.msg1169536#msg1169536 date=1169777251]
don't have any details, i'm not doing any more footwork (ie. wasting mine or their time) until someone commits to the funds.
[/quote]
This sounds intruiging but how could anyone commit to the funds without ANY details but what you've provided? That seems like silly accounting but what do i know?

Someone could get a sweet custom s/c setup from these guys, but I highly doubt that this will be mass produced.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=Dallas3S link=topic=67632.msg1175297#msg1175297 date=1170113261]
[quote author=MrTea link=topic=67632.msg1169536#msg1169536 date=1169777251]
[/quote]
This sounds intruiging but how could anyone commit to the funds without ANY details but what you've provided? That's just silly accounting but what do i know?
[/quote]

he means, someone that wants to go FI. And has the money to do so right now.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i gave my car to Juan before he had any turbo's running on the Duratecs up here in the states....worked out fine for me.

you can use the internet for research if you'd like, it has a bunch of stuff on it....really. those interested should look around and seek others opinions on PE's products before committing to anything. it's hard for me to invest a lot of time into this when i have absolutely zero to gain from this...really nothing. i'm trying to open the door so others can enjoy new products. And i honestly would not recommend something i wouldn't do myself.

i think i have a couple guys to utilize if i just need fitting. so that might help out others who are just dying to get a supercharger, but don't have any way to do it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i was talking with the rep. over there yesterday, and seems we are somewhat out of luck. PE is making the move to just turbo's and has discontinued their SC lines. i might have a hook up on the major pieces if they have any left over, Sh1bby, i'll let you know what the deal on that is.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=HiBoost MZ3 link=topic=67632.msg1205699#msg1205699 date=1171413448]
Ours is soon to be released. Keep watching :blue:
[/quote]

owwww, how soon is soon juan?! :eekcrazy:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
[quote author=MrTea link=topic=67632.msg1205362#msg1205362 date=1171406646]
well i was talking with the rep. over there yesterday, and seems we are somewhat out of luck. PE is making the move to just turbo's and has discontinued their SC lines. i might have a hook up on the major pieces if they have any left over, Sh1bby, i'll let you know what the deal on that is.
[/quote]

Yes keep me informed! PM sent!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts