Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father finally decided to pull the trigger (this after months of talking) and bought himself a new A3. I must say, I am in love with this car and know what my next car will be.

The two cars he traded in. While trading in the TT was bittersweet for him, at least he stayed near and dear to it with the A3's TT platform:

My father was so excited, he was bursting with pride!

His new baby:

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
why not the S3 ........................

well is the new 2 liter FSI also?

atleast tell me he is gonna chip it?

that was a 180 TT?

hope he likes it, its a very nice car.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Euro, he chipped the TT (it's a 2001 model btw) years ago, but I think he will hold off doing anything. Chipping the TT was the only mod he made, and I don't think he's in a rush. He commutes a lot during the week, so the gas mileage is a big factor for him. The g35 was not living up to that, so it had to go.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=71143.msg1249145#msg1249145 date=1173100963]
Euro, he chipped the TT (it's a 2001 model btw) years ago, but I think he will hold off doing anything. Chipping the TT was the only mod he made, and I don't think he's in a rush. He commutes a lot during the week, so the gas mileage is a big factor for him. The g35 was not living up to that, so it had to go.
[/quote]

i dont know enough the audi to have guess the year.
i know the TT pretty well.

but yeah th G35 is a sucker for fuel.

and over in EU fuel is ridiculous.

well there isnt much to do.
upgrade the intercooler, or evos intake, those help with the fuel saving for some of them .

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Nice car...Congrats to him.... TT looked nice though...

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol Tyler...why do you ask? :)

He loved the TT and it served him well for 7 years. It was time for something new and with the amount of gas the G35 took, combined with other items about the G35 he wasn't fond of, this was a logical step for him.

Now I need him to buy me one. heh.

What I found interesting was a color Audi has on their cars. It's called Lava. You would think it would be close to orange, yes? Actually, their lava is a very dark charcoal..almost black. It's metalic and had the sun not been shining on Sunday, I would have not spotted the metalic paint as easily.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Looks nice. Is that a 5 or 6 speed?

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brian, I've known for years how much we look related.

The Infiniti is a nice car, but when you have to fill the tank every 3 days you might think differently. My all time favorite reason he gave me for not liking the car was, "it has no soul"

:)

G

·
The other 2 are nice cars, but you'd have to pry the G35 key from my cold dead hands. If I could afford a $35K car, there'd be one in my garage.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gimme, the Infiniti did not fit his road bike as easily as he would like. The A3 will do a much better job of that. His road bike is a big part of his life and his car needs to be able to accomodate it. :)

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
the a3 is nice but i too would rock the g35 anyday. i'd give it more than enough soul with a turbo upgrade if i had one.

G

·
I'm more than a little suprised that NISMO hasn't come up with a supercharger for the 3.5. How sweet would 400HP be in a G35? My tire budget would bankrupt me.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i'd rock a black one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts