Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night, I was witnessed to a Black Mica MS3 parked on the corner of 36-37 and 3rd and had DVD in the plate.

:bigok: :goodjob: First MS3 I've seen, just wanted to give you props on a nice car.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. I was starting to think that it was just some person who wasn't on here.

Where do you live in NYC? Must be murder paying for parking, plus the roads are just awful.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I technically live in the suburbs of the city itself, lower Westchester county, bordering the Bronx, so thankfully(!!) I don't have to deal with parking payments or the roads on a daily basis. Couldn't agree more though, it really is murder! It's really not worth it to own a car in Manhattan unless one can afford it without even thinking about the cost. And like you said, the roads...horrible. I ask myself on a daily basis, "where the hell is all the tax money going?".

Let me know when you're down again, though. There are "secret" parking spots where it's considerably cheaper or free in some areas!

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotcha. I never understood why people have cars in Manhattan, let alone drive on some of those roads.

I'll drop you a line next time. Maybe I can check out your 3.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have never been in New York, but I always had a thought that Manhattan is a decent place - roads, nice buildings. Something like Green Park area or Bond Street here in London...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Within the first 5k miles of owning my car, we took it on a roadtrip up there. I was new to driving, so I didn't drive in NYC. I nearly cried.

Some of you people drive like you're on crack or something. Esp taxis.

·
Registered
81 Posts
[quote author=Kill Your Idol link=topic=65855.msg1140644#msg1140644 date=1168364498]
Within the first 5k miles of owning my car, we took it on a roadtrip up there. I was new to driving, so I didn't drive in NYC. I nearly cried.

[/quote]

:yay:

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The taxis aren't the worse. Trying being in one of those blue shuttle vans. Talk about a death wish.

And the roads do suck. Trust us. :lol:

·
Registered
639 Posts
[quote author=TalentedMrRipley link=topic=65855.msg1140636#msg1140636 date=1168364357]
I have never been in New York, but I always had a thought that Manhattan is a decent place - roads, nice buildings. Something like Green Park area or Bond Street here in London...
[/quote]

Oh nah, there are definitely some areas with nice roads, but they are few and far between. The majority of roads in the entire NYC area are horrible, esp. for cars that have performance-oriented suspension systems.

After a certain amount of driving, one can become really good at dodging potholes, driving through tight lanes/spaces, and avoiding bike riders, pedestrians and other cars. :lol:

·
Registered
639 Posts
[quote author=Kill Your Idol link=topic=65855.msg1140644#msg1140644 date=1168364498]

[/quote]

:lol:

It's a little known fact of NY, the cabbies are actually the best drivers in town!! No hesitation, know when, where and how fast they can speed. :lol:

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
I have yet to drive my 3 in nyc but I used to take my old car in whenver I would head into chinatown and such and good lord do the roads suck. bqe to the manhattan bridge are some terrible roads. Its all good tho I can handle driving through nyc now without a problem. I actually saw a tit grey 3 on sat night if i remember correctly it was rockin jersey plates.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
[quote author=Focused link=topic=65855.msg1141913#msg1141913 date=1168401599]
It's a little known fact of NY, the cabbies are actually the best drivers in town!! No hesitation, know when, where and how fast they can speed. :lol:
[/quote]

+1 to that! They are really amazing and can handle a Crown Vic like it's nobody's business! I've had my car in the city a few times and it's an adventure! Gotta almost forget that I'm in MY car because otherwise I'd be too nervous and do something stupid. I just get in the mode like I'm driving an old Cavalier or something and everything comes out ok. Drivers in the city can smell fear.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I drove once in Manhattan about 4 years ago in a Chrysler 300M. Felt like I was driving a school bus through SoHo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts