Mazda3 Forums banner

Saw a 04 Honda Civic Si Sedan on the road today...

9K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  wetsuitxninja 
#1 ·
I was in the position to buy this car straight out this September before hearing about the Mazda 3. I am glad I did not buy the Civic. Even with the front/rear bumper refresh and new headlight design, the car looks very plain, boring and simple as compared to the 3. I am grateful that I waited, and will most likely be driving a GT.GFX Sedan soon.

I can't wait to eat the Civics and Corollas on the road. Even though I'm not a riceboy, I'll have peace of mind that I drive the more powerful and better looking (interior/exterior) car.

#3 ·
Compare the interior of the 3 and the Civic. It is night and day.

#4 ·
My father has an '01 Civic... maybe that's why I never considered the civic in my car search, I think of it as a boring old people's car. Except maybe for the coupe, that one's nice, but still not up to par with the 3.

As for the Si, isn't that the hatchback Civic??? it's so fugly, I mean, damn! it's really ugly.

#6 ·
Butters said:
My father has an '01 Civic... maybe that's why I never considered the civic in my car search, I think of it as a boring old people's car. Except maybe for the coupe, that one's nice, but still not up to par with the 3.

As for the Si, isn't that the hatchback Civic??? it's so fugly, I mean, damn! it's really ugly.
The Civic SI is the hatchback version. I read somehwere it hasn't been selling very well. I've only seen one or two since it's release.

#7 ·
I think the confusion lies in the fact that up here in Canada, the Civic Si is the American Civic EX.

THe Civic Sedan Si is essentially the Civic EX in the US.

www.honda.ca

#8 ·
Yup the Honda Civc Si in the US = Civic SIR in Canada

#10 ·
i was in a similar position between the civic and now the mazda3.
i was planning on buying the civic coupe at the beginning of november. all i can say is, thank god the mazda3 is about to be released, cuz the civic as a whole is just plain boring. and as the numbers suggest, is a lot slower than the mazda3 for the same price.

#13 ·
the mz3 is gonna eat the 2003 accord inline 4 LX....
same hp...but mz3 has more torque!!!!! and much much lighter...
i can't wait to eat the new lemon accord.....the fake accord...not the JDM accord...the TSX is the real 7th Gen!!!!!!
good thing that mz3 has only one version....just different name....
i like the name Axela~!

#16 ·
dugrant153 said:
Civic Nation

vs

Mazda ____?

... hmmm...

think we be needin' some bling bling, yo...
Mazda =zoom zoom

#17 ·
Couldn't agree more

Realise this. The MZ3 is a beautiful combination of exterior Jap/Euro styling, and the interior is most certainly European. None of that crappy simple/blah interior like in the RSX or Civic.

I couldn't agree more about beating the pants off of Civic Si's. This is one econobox that doesn't "feel" economy. Why pay $33, 000 CDN for an RSX for blah styling, and basically thas he same engine as a MZ3 GT, and is $10, 000 CDN less. It's a no-brainer.

#18 ·
well, i prefer the rsx premium/type-s and the civic si's interior over the mz3.
but for the price, they're both too expensive. i personally think all acura's and honda's are overpriced.

#19 ·
as for "beating the pants off of civic si's"
i don't know about that, we do have more torque...
but i'm guessing that our 0-60 is slower, because of the si's i-vtec
we'll have to wait and see

#20 ·
i-vtec blah

Bah, I raced an '03 Civic Si in the MZ3, guess who won :) Now against an RSX, hell no. Smaller, same engine HP and better technology in their VTEC vs. Mazda's variable valve technology. Not gonna happen :-(

Good news also, you can race Nissan Altima 2.5's. MZ3's keep up with those no problemo.

I won't post a list of cars that can kill an MZ3, it's not a race car. But in their class, they're certainly ahead of the compitition.

#22 ·
V-tec doesn't make it fast--an Si 4 door has a measly 127hp and 114lbs ft of torque. It wouldn't be a race--it would be a joke. The 2.0 148hp could take it to.

#24 ·
well, i was speaking about the american Si (Canadian SIR)
it has i-vtec, 160hp but only 135lb-ft. tq.

i think the SI/SIR would take the 2.0L mz3
but against the 2.3L mz3, it would be a drivers race

#26 ·
proven.... MZ3 GT can take the SiR off the line and leaving a trail of dust for the SiR to eat. =D

also proven, MZ3 GT can take the prelude off the line but having it so close to my ass that it was getting a little too uncomfortable. =\

also proven, MZ3 GT cannot take the G35 off the line... tried many times. hahaha =(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.