Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live an apartment complex where we have assigned parking spots, and mine is directly under a pine tree that likes to drop sap on my car once in a while. I used to have a motorcycle that would always have sap on it too. I have never found any product that is good at getting sap off both paint and glass. Does anyone know of any cleaner that would take sap off pretty well? Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
there is a product, which i dont recall at the time. im going to ask my friend who used to be a car detailer..

·
Registered
90 Posts
just talked to my buddy.. he cant remember the name of the product..

:(

·
Registered
773 Posts
Clay bars are reputed to work absolutely best for getting off stuff like sap. Pretty much every major cleaning/wax company, including Meguiars, sells a clay bar. Just pick one as you like and give it a try, though count on some serious elbow grease.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A claybar shouldn't require elbow grease, but it does require a lot of time. It should remove the sap, but be warned that it'll remove wax as well. I clay once a year because it's so time intensive; I get the feeling you're looking for something that'll remove the sap every time you wash. If that's the case, lots of companies make bug and tar removers; I'd look to those.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions, I did end up using a bug/tar remover when I washed/waxed my car last night, and it worked pretty well, took a little work, but I got it off. I waxed my car last night with Meguiar's gold class and man does it look good 8) !! I'm gonna take some pics later today and post them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts