Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience using the Sam's Club touchless car wash? My local sam's club in Grand Rapids opened a dual bay car wash not too long ago and I am interested in the touchless booth. The cost is $6 which is about what I pay to do it at the coin wash by hand. From what I could research, I believe they are using a Belanger Vector Rapid Wash touchless system. I am not interested in the other soft cloth side, as those do nothing but scratch your car. I used to love Delta Sonic when I lived in Syracuse, NY, which was also touchless.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I can't give you a specific answer, as I have no first hand experience with touchless car washes. However, I do know Sam's Club is owned by Walmart, and personally I would stay far away from any Walmart car wash (just like I'd stay far away from a Walmart oil change :)). But that may just be my bias. But also, just in case you haven't already read or don't already know, most people say that most touchless car washes still use harsh detergents, etc. that aren't particularly good for your paint.

Hope that helps somewhat. Sorry I can't give you a more specific answer.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I always change my own oil, as I know you get what you pay for on that. I am going to try it out. I think you can't go too wrong with a touchless car wash, and following your logic, the gas also wouldn't be good at Sam's club, though it has the same octane rating is everywhere else (Chevron with Techra, etc, aside).

As far as the harshness of the detergents, I think that's actually what helps get the dirt off without any scrubbing. And I'd definitely rather forgo a coat of wax in order to clean off the salt and prevent swirls and scratches. Part of my spring ritual includes a dish soap wash, a clay bar, and a good polish, and wax anyways, so I'm already going to be stripping off the wax. Then again, I'm sure the wax does help protect the car in the winter time, so I guess it's a catch-22.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I take my car through a touchless carwash at least once a month during the winter to remove the salt/snow/ice and I've had no problems. From Spring-Fall, I handwash/wax my car regularly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have not done drive thru car washes for about 11 years now. but i'd say if it's touchless then like any pressurized spray, it should be safe enough. sure beats driving around town in a salt encrusted car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts