Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't know how many people know this or not, but I thought I'd inform anyway. If you're a member of Sam's Club(the big bargain store) you have access to a thing called Sam's Club Auto. It's kinda this network of car dealerships that work with Sam's in some way. Basically, you call Sam's and tell them that you're interested in a Mazda(or whatever else). They'll give you the name of a fleet manager at the closest dealership to you that they deal with. You call the fleet manager, tell him you were referred by Sam's Club, then they give you a good deal right off the bat.

I guess it depends on what dealership you're working with, but most of the Mazda dealers, when working through Sam's, where starting out at $200 over invoice. And you can still work with this price some. It's just a good way to start out at a low price. My dad buys all his cars through Sam's Club and he usually gets the deals he wants. He helped me buy my 3 this way. I was pleased with how well it worked.

The only downside is they don't have a dealer contact in every town, so if you're in a rural area, you might have to take a trip to a bigger city...but it's worth it if it save you some $$$.

·
Registered
80 Posts
stevefl said:
Well? Does Costco have a similar auto buying service?
Yes they do but you have to be careful on the dealership side of these costco and sam's club discounts. Make sure to contact costco or sam's club to find an 'authorized' dealer that they suggest. If you stroll into a dealership asking if they are authorized costco dealers, 9 times out of 10 they will say yes just to get the sale. I think costco discount is offering ~$300 over invoice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts