Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i see same car that drives by me (white hatch) i feel awkward and not sure if i should look, wave or even race... (I don't race... since i'm not gonna risk ticket, injuries, wreckage or even someone elses death)..

it's more awkward when the same white hatch has mods on it also or when they are right next to you at a stoplight.....since i have to do something like a wave or roll down the window and say something...

If it's an older gentleman/lady i don't really get all puffed up or anxious since they're just focused on driving from point a to b..... but if it's younger person trying to show off or get attention..

Usually, i just mind my own business but times when it catches my eyes and do a double take just natural reaction... i'll just smile or wave ...

I think it stems from the fact that one time someone wanted me to pull over and talk about mods/car or something.. and that's crazy... and don't want to experience that again.. (i didn't pull over.. only if it's hot girl)..

I guess there are so many mazda3's just shouldn't even bother...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I always notice other 3's just out of habit.

I'll look to see who is driving (most in sedans are females..oh,oh, I bought a chick car), and look for mods(the few I have seen were driven by males, whew!)

I usually don't make eye contact when we are side by side to avoid an awkward moment.
*edit*^With other 3's that could care less that we drive the same car.. if I were to pull up along side another 3 enthusiast, I would probably give them the universal sign for 'what's up'...subtly kick head back :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess you could call me "that guy", i wave at people driving mazda 3's and i like to drive next to them, i don't care if it's awkward lol.

I applaud their good taste.

·
Registered
39 Posts
more often than not i find myself in packs of 3's on the hwy
i just think it's neat
definitely a lot of mazda's in the GTA (toronto)

i saw a really nice dropped white mazdaspeed3 heading home the other night - all i could do was stare :lol:

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
[quote author=slyons89 link=topic=137740.msg2969611#msg2969611 date=1235961198]
I guess you could call me "that guy", i wave at people driving mazda 3's and i like to drive next to them, i don't care if it's awkward lol.

I applaud their good taste.
[/quote]

I do the same thing.

I was driving through Fayetteville, NC and saw a silver hatch just like mine, I took like 10 minutes fighting traffic to get beside this dude and then I realized it was an old man. :lol: dammit

But I generally honk and wave at every 3 I see. haha

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I love when I see other people on the road who enjoy thier 3 as much as i do. So I'll wave, play around with them, or shoot them the thumbs up

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Ive only seen one other stormy blue hatch in my area... driving by an older family lolz.... not to many people have hatches/speeds most have the 2.0 sedan......

I get excited when i see modded ones though ^^ there was an amzing TR speed that came out of my subdivision the otherday.... I've been driving around our subdivision trying to see where he lives... I want his car...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well where I live in the local mazda3 club, if they're in the club (which most of the mazda3 enthusiasts are either posters/lurkers or have heard of them), they pretty much always wave, highbeam acknowledge etc. Heck, the local mazda car clubs in general are pretty close knit so I've had a few mazda6's high beam me and wave too.

Stock cars generally don't look or acknowledge you as well they don't feel a reason to do so lol. Then you obviously have the modded cars that don't acknowledge at all. All in all depends on the other person, but i'm always open to waving and saying hi.

·
Registered
453 Posts
There are about 4 mz3's driving around my town (mainly hatches but no speeds) I purposely speed up or slow down to drive behind/in front of them when I see em. :) Its not common for me to see another mazda3 when I'm going somewhere. It's actually a rare car here in town of 23,000 ppl. Oh and I'm the only one with a WB hatch here. If someone else bought one I'd probably have to sell my car :lol:
its sad mz3's are so uncommon here a lot of ppl think i drive a focus :x

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got my 3 a little less than 2 weeks ago & I've definitely become more aware of them being around me. One of my neighbors got one a week before me I found out, although I like my metropolitan gray better than his galaxy gray lol.

A few days after I got the car I noticed that there was a 2.3 parked across the street - turned out it was a friend of my neighbor, we wound up bs'ing for an hour about how great the cars are, seems to be a common theme with anyone I've met who owns one!

·
Registered
453 Posts
(off topic) larryb78 ... underneeth your name... umm, are you confused?

Car Make: Ford
Car Year: 2009
Car Model: 3 I-Touring

You're at Mazda3forums.com ... you don't drive a ford!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
loll... it said ford under my name too... whenever the forum got upgraded i noticed it did that to alot of people...

·
Registered
41 Posts
[quote author=CrueLworLD link=topic=137740.msg2973118#msg2973118 date=1236095025]
(off topic) larryb78 ... underneeth your name... umm, are you confused?

Car Make: Ford
Car Year: 2009
Car Model: 3 I-Touring

You're at Mazda3forums.com ... you don't drive a ford!
[/quote]

must be the default for noobs b/c i definitely didn't put it there!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've had my car less than a month and have ran into 2 Speeds (black w black emblems in Odenton and grey in Crofton triangle) and see a few less sedans than hatches. Maybe just because the hatch is a better looking car imo, too bad it was out of my price range at the time.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
The one time I pulled up next to another 3 (it was a MS3), I looked over at him and let him know I was checking out his sexy silver ride. When the light turned green, I pretended to try to gun it. I want him to gun it so I could hear that turbo! And he did it for me! It was awesome! I emailed him a couple days later on my local forum cuz I saw him logged in as the name he had on his plate. So I asked if it was him. It was so cool :)

But usually when another 3 pulls up next to me, behind me or whatever, they're usually older people. So it's not as fun :(
A Phantome Purple hatch (so rare around here) came up next to me at a light today. I've seen the car before, cuz I recognized where he turned later on. I looked at him...he was older. Boo! I gunned it at the light, and he was put-putting behind me. Come on! I wish I could have a little fun with other 3's! lol

It was so much more fun when I was able to advertise AZMazda3.com on my plate frame. I had to remove it cuz it covered the word ARIZONA. Stupid new laws...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts