Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
You drive a 3s hatch, dont you already have those sail panels? Also, any dealer should have them. If not, PM one of our dealership sponsors.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I found a pair of these on eBay a few weeks ago. I bought them as a backup for mine that I installed a new set of tweeters in and painted a black gloss. The thread should be around here somewhere. I would just keep an eye on eBay if any pop up. I hear they are pretty expensive if you buy them from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hey thats one of my pics haha. There used to be a few people on the forum that sold them. Cost me less then 15 for blank panels. The blanks work alot better since you are cutting your own hole.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, well I had some and installed my tweeters and it did not come out as expected but I guess I could pick up some of the blank ones and just try it in that but I really want the factory style ones. thanks for the input

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
the blank ones are factory style. The 2.0L models dont come with factory tweeters, so they use blank sail panels. As I already said, any dealer should have these.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to avoid the dealership on the panel with the tweeters because I know the cost a lot of $$$$$

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=360Spider link=topic=134759.msg2898621#msg2898621 date=1233260838]
I hear they are pretty expensive if you buy them from the dealer.
[/quote]

IIRC that's because you can only buy them with the factory tweeters already installed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought a pair of the blank sails from a forum sponsor. They shipped quickly and were only about $12.

I'll look for the part number.....

BP4L-69-171E
BP4L-69-111E

You need to make sure that you buy the right ones. They won't match the part for your car's vin if you have a 3s, so be sure that you get the ones for the i model.

Any questions you have, ask Jason from
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214264
(that link is for www.onlinemazdaparts.com)

Be careful when you install your tweeters, because if they are deeper than the factory ones, they may hit the electrical plug for the power mirrors.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I have a 3s hatch and when I went to the dealership to buy some blank panels (custom job), I asked how much the panels are that you have there and they quoted me a price of $40 per panel. The blank ones I got were only $9 a panel and they look stock after the install my rooommate did...except they now have Alpine in them :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great info here, should be made into a sticky. Those part #s and the link to the forum supporter saved me time and money over my local dealer.

BTW, I was able to put a set of PPI (356cs) tweeters right in the middle of the sail panel without interfering with the power mirror plug.

·
Registered
396 Posts
try a junk yard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts